Secure English Language Testing

Frequently asked questions What is a SELT provider? For certain visa applications applicants must demonstrate a certain level of English language ability. This can be through passing a test with a Home Office approved Secure English Language Testing (SELT) provider. Which immigration routes require a SELT? You will need to demonstrate you have met the required level in English if […]

Prove your knowledge of English for citizenship and settling

Immigration Lawyer Near Me UK- UK Immigration Solicitors

You don’t need to prove your knowledge of English in certain circumstances. Your citizenship or settlement application will be refused if you send the wrong qualifications. If you need more time If you’re already in the UK you may be able to extend your permission to stay, so that you can prove your knowledge of […]

Life in the UK Test

Life In The UK Test

As part of your application for British citizenship or settlement in the UK you need to take the Life In The UK test. Find out all you need to know here.

Biometric residence permits (BRPs)

UK New immigration Landscape - UK Immigration Solicitors

What a BRP is You’ll get a biometric residence permit (BRP) if you: apply to come to the UK for longer than 6 months extend your visa to longer than 6 months apply to settle in the UK transfer your visa to a new passport apply for certain Home Office travel documents You do not have […]

Apply to stay in the UK as a stateless person

[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.14″ custom_padding=”0px|||”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.14″ custom_padding=”0px|||”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.14″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_image src=”” _builder_version=”3.14″][/et_pb_image][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.14″] You can apply to stay in the UK as a stateless person if both of the following apply: you’re not recognised as a citizen of any country you’re unable to live permanently in any other country You must currently be in the […]

Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) Fees

[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.14″ custom_padding=”0px|||” next_background_color=”#f7f7f7″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.48″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_image src=”” _builder_version=”3.14″]   [/et_pb_image][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.14″] Overview You might need to pay a healthcare surcharge (called the ‘immigration health surcharge’ or IHS) as part of your immigration application. Whether you need to pay depends on the immigration status you’re applying for. When you must pay If you’re […]