Can I Sponsor Another Spouse after Divorce UK?

Can I Sponsor Another Spouse after Divorce UK

Starting over after a divorce can be hard, and it can be more difficult for people who are thinking about getting married again while they are still subject to immigration rules. But can I sponsor another spouse after divorce UK? This piece makes things clearer in this case.

Individuals in new relationships who wish to live with their partner in UK often consider sponsoring new spouse after divorce.

Our skilled and cost effective immigration lawyers can help you figure out your rights, qualifications, and choices after a divorce. This will allow you to stay in the UK and start a new life with a new partner. You can call UK Immigration Solicitors at 02033844389 or email us today to talk about your visa choices. 

How do I get my Spouse Visa back after I get divorced?

If the supporting spouse or Spouse Visa holder gets divorced or separated, they need to tell the Home Office right away. Moreover, if you wait too long, it could hurt your immigration standing and make it harder for you to get a different visa.

If your stay in the UK rests on your ex-partner’s UK visa, you have 60 days from the time of disclosure to get a new visa or leave the country before the old one is officially revoked. When your 60-day stay is up, your visa will no longer be valid. Any violation of visa terms, on the other hand, could lead to the immediate cancellation of the visa. 

How to keep the home office up to date after a divorce

You should let the Home Office know right away after filing that you want to separate. You need to let the Home Office know about the following:

Either a Public Statement or a Consent Form, depending on whether you want your ex-partner to see a private letter or not.

A cover letter with information about you and your ex-partner

If either of you has kids in the UK, information about them.

A divorce decree, a separation agreement, or some other legal paper that says your relationship is over. 

How does a divorce affect my right to remain in my current residence?

In most situations, you can’t stay in the UK after getting divorced if your right to live there comes from your ex-partner alone. You may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) if you have lived in the UK for ten years or more without stopping (on any visa). With ILR, you can live and work in the UK for as long as you want, which can lead to British citizenship.

To stay in the UK longer, you can get another type of family visa based on a family member who has ILR or British citizenship, or you can get a work visa, such as a T2 skilled worker visa

Can I sponsor another spouse after Divorce UK?

It is possible to sponsor a new partner after a divorce. The Spouse visa you had before will be revoked. To get a new visa for your new marriage or civil union, you must first tell the Home Office.

It is normal for UKVI to look into the new relationship in more detail. When someone applies for a spouse visa a second time, they usually have to take into account more factors. This frequently occurs when you divorce and promptly apply for a new partner visa. How well your visa application goes may depend on how long it’s been since your last breakup.

For someone who has been sponsored before and wants to support someone else, they must be a British citizen or be eligible for ILR. They cannot reject your application solely because you were previously supported on a Spouse Visa in a past relationship. You must be able to pay your new partner, though, when you apply. Moreover, you must either have Indefinite Leave to Remain or be a member of the United Kingdom. If you were a victim of domestic violence during your relationship breakup, you may be eligible to apply for ILR.

Requirements for UK Spouse Visa after divorce

When the Home Office issues a Spouse Visa, the truth of the connection is a big part of the decision. As a result, significant documentation about the relationship is required to be exchanged. It might be harder to get a second partner visa. It will be necessary for you to provide:

  • Pictures taken at different events, including ones with family and friends
  • Phone calls, emails, and message logs
  • Joint financial responsibilities such as bank accounts, bills, and mortgage papers
  • A record of shared life events
  • Proof of where you’re staying
  • Important papers about children from past relationships 

Having kids from a past relationship

If the person sponsoring or the new spouse on the application has children from a past relationship, there are new things to think about. The Home Office needs to make sure that the kids are safe. If you are a parent and want to extend or apply for a new UK visa, you may need to show proof of things like child support payments and custody deals.

Expert legal help for Spouse Visa applications

We help you understand the visa rules so that you and your new spouse can stay in the UK for a long time.

Our team helps you through the whole visa application process by finding the best choices for your immigration situation. We talk about your rights and requirements and can send in all the necessary paperwork for you so that the visa application process is easy and painless.

Many people have been able to get the legal status they deserve with our help. To find out what we can do for you, call us at 02033844389 or email us. 

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q1: What are the requirements for my new spouse?

Ans. The new spouse will need to meet basic Home Office requirements for their stay in the UK. This includes showing that you are legally married and that you can support your spouse and any dependents. No matter what, they have to meet the English language standards. This also means getting a B1 score on the English test. 

Q2: When I overstay my visa, what are the consequences?

Ans. Any violations or overstays in your past break visa rules and may restrict your ability to stay in the country. This could lead to removal or make it harder to get a visa in the future. If you want to stay in the UK after getting divorced, you need to make new visa plans with the Home Office.

It’s not a good idea to apply for a new Spouse Visa with a different partner during the 60-day ban. Partly, this is because the Home Office can choose to give you an extra 28 days to apply for a new partner visa instead of the normal 70 days. Also, the Home Office will tell you why your previous visa was revoked. If you or your ex-partner were victims of domestic abuse, the Home Office can cancel your visa right away.

Q3: How much money do you need to be able to sponsor a spouse?

Ans. Usually, you need to make at least £29,000 a year to be able to sponsor another spouse after divorce. This amount goes up if there are children who rely on you.

Q4: What kind of accommodations do I need to support my spouse?

Ans. To sponsor another spouse after divorce you must fulfil accommodation requirements. You will need to make sure you have enough housing to take care of yourself, your new mate, and any children or other dependents. The person supporting the new spouse must be able to show that they can pay for their needs without anyone else’s money.

Quick Contact Form NHP (1)

Inline form for homepage

"*" indicates required fields

How can we help you today?

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.