0203 384 4389

Our lines are open 24/7/365

Get remote assistance now
The UK's #1 Immigration Law Firm

Health & Care Worker Visa

Long Term Work Visa

This visa type is suitable if you;
Those who have an existing overseas business / Expanding and scaling up the overseas business / Holders of highly skilled job offer from a qualifying scale up business.

"*" indicates required fields

How can we help you today?

✓ Valid number ✕ Invalid number
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Health And Care Worker Visa

Doctors, nurses, and allied health professionals from all nationalities (except British and Irish) and who have achieved a recognised medical qualification may apply for the Health and Care Worker Visa.

After five years, the Health and Care Worker Visa can lead to settlement in the UK, dependent partners and children can also join the applicant on this visa type.

4.6 / 5 – 509 Reviews

4.9 / 5 – 484 Reviews

4.9 / 5 – 362 Reviews

4.7 / 5 – 98 Reviews

4.7 / 5 – 1134 Reviews

Immigration routes and rules are constantly changing in line with UK government guidelines. UK Immigration Solicitors strive to ensure that they are always well informed about any changes and how they may affect you and your next steps.

We Can Help You With Your
Health And Care Worker Visa

  • Make a new application, apply for your dependents to join you, wish to extend your visa, become settled or challenge an unfair decision…
  • UK Immigration Solicitors can provide you with expert advice, guidance and legal representation to meet your needs.
  • Unsure about whether your plans would meet the requirements or whether you are likely to face any challenges?
  • We can assess your individual circumstances and confirm what your options are through a free case assessment.
  • UK Immigration Solicitors can ensure that your chances of success are maximised by handling your entire application remotely.
  • We provide a fully digital service, and you never have to visit our offices for 9/10 immigration cases.
  • We are an award-winning law firm that specialises in all types of UK immigration cases, and we offer a transparent, fixed fee service to handle your entire case.

Get Help From Our
Health & Care Worker Visa Lawyers Now

Who is eligible for the Health and Care Worker Visa?

UK Visas & Immigration requires the following requirements in order to grant you a Care Worker Visa:

  • You are at least 18 years old;
  • If you are an adult social worker, doctor, nurse, or other health professional;
  • The job you have or the job you will have falls within one of the approved occupation codes in health or social care;
  • You work for a UK employer that is approved by the Home Office in the health and care sector;
  • A valid ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer containing information about the position being offered to you;
  • If you have a minimum B1 CEFR score (IELTS 4.0) in the English language;
  • A minimum salary or a ‘going rate’ will be paid by the sponsor company, whichever is higher;
  • You are able to provide for yourself without relying on public assistance;
  • A criminal record certificate has been provided, if you work with vulnerable people.
  • If you are from a country on the list, you have provided a valid TB certificate.

Depending on your circumstances, you may need to satisfy different requirements. 

Qualifying Occupational Codes Qualify for Health and Care Worker Visa

In order to qualify for the Health and Care Worker visa, the following Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes must be met (in ascending SOC code order):

  • 1181: health services and public health managers and directors
  • 1242: residential, day and domiciliary care managers and proprietors
  • 2112: biological scientists and biochemists
  • 2113: physical scientists
  • 2211: medical practitioners
  • 2212: psychologists
  • 2213: pharmacists
  • 2214: ophthalmic opticians
  • 2215: dental practitioners
  • 2217: medical radiographers
  • 2218: podiatrists
  • 2219: health professionals that are ‘not elsewhere classified’, such as audiologists and occupational health advisers
  • 2221: physiotherapists
  • 2222: occupational therapists
  • 2223: speech and language therapists
  • 2229: therapy professionals that are ‘not elsewhere classified’, such as osteopaths and psychotherapists
  • 2231: nurses
  • 2232: midwives
  • 2442: social workers
  • 3111: laboratory technicians
  • 3213: paramedics
  • 3216: dispensing opticians
  • 3217: pharmaceutical technicians
  • 3218: medical and dental technicians
  • 3219: health associate professionals not elsewhere classified
  • 6141: nursing auxiliaries and assistants
  • 6143: dental nurses
  • 6146: senior care workers

This list is exhaustive and roles within the same sector but belonging to different codes would not qualify for the Health and Care Visa. However, some of these roles may qualify under the general category of Skilled Workers.

What is a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?

In order for an individual to make a valid application for permission (also known as a visa) under the Skilled Worker and other sponsored work route, a sponsor must first assign a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) to them.

You must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship to qualify for a Health and Care Worker Visa. Instead of a paper copy, this document is electronically stored.

In order to obtain your Certificate of Sponsorship, you must have an employer who has been authorized by the Home Office to sponsor your job under the Health and Care Worker route. 

Typical employers would be the NHS, an organization providing medical care to the NHS, or an organization providing adult social care. Those employers that do not yet hold a sponsor licence should speak with the UK Immigration Solicitors team for assistance and guidance on how a qualifying application can be made.

Employers are required to include a brief explanation in the Certificate of Sponsorship regarding how the employee meets the requirements for the Health and Care Visa. Any contract between an employer and the NHS may need to be disclosed if an employer provides services commissioned by the NHS. 

You must have received your Certificate of Sponsorship not more than 3 months before you apply for your Health and Care Worker visa.

There are certain mandatory details required on your Certificate of Sponsorship, including:

  • Your name, your job title, and your salary;
  • The start date cannot be longer than 3 months after your visa application;
  • Confirmation that the Certificate of Sponsorship has not been used in a prior application that has been either granted or refused, or withdrawn or cancelled by the sponsor;

How are my intentions assessed for the Tourism, Leisure, or Family Visit Visa?

An employer seeking to employ foreign workers must pay a charge known as the Immigration Skills Charge.  

Any required Immigration Skills Charge must also be paid in full by your sponsor.

Employers must pay the Immigration Skills Charge each time they assign a Certificate of Sponsorship to a migrant.

Chemical scientists (2111) and biological scientists and biochemists (2112) are exempt from the Immigration Skills Charge requirement.

It is important to note that the Immigration Skills Charge must be paid in full by the employer who is sponsoring you.

It is common for sponsors to ask if they can deduct the Immigration Skills Charge from the worker’s salary or whether they can request it at the outset. 

Sponsors must pay the ISC to the worker and cannot pass it on to the worker in any fashion. 

An employer is likely to lose their sponsor license if they pass the Immigration Skills Charge on to a worker to pay in any fashion whatsoever. 

Is there an English language requirement?

In order to qualify for a Health and Care Worker Visa, you must be able to demonstrate that you can communicate effectively in the English language.

You must show you have the required level of English language proficiency on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) in all 4 components in order to qualify for a skilled worker visa.

In order to satisfy the English language requirement, candidates applying for entry clearance or leave to remain as a Health and Care Worker must:

  • You are a national of a country with a majority English-speaking population;
  • Successfully passed the Secure English Language Test;
  • Were awarded an English-taught degree;
  • While attending school in the United Kingdom, you earned a GCSE/A Level in English; or
  • They have already demonstrated that they meet the entry clearance or stay permission requirement, of level B1.

What is the Salary Threshold Requirement?

Unless the ‘going rate’ for the job is higher, employers seeking to hire Health and Care Workers must pay their health workers at least £20,480 per year (subject to certain limitations as described below). 

There is a ‘going rate’ for each occupation code. Roles within the NHS have different pay bands depending on whether they are located in England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland. 

In the case of biochemists, biologists, or physical scientists, there is a separate salary system that typically requires a minimum salary of £25,600 per year, unless the ‘going rate’ is higher. 

Under the following circumstances, you may be paid less than the ‘going rate’:

  • If your job is on the shortage occupation list, you can be paid 80% of the usual going rate.
  • If you’re under 26, studying or recently graduated, or in professional training towards a UK qualification, you’ll be paid 70% of the usual going rate.
  • If you hold a relevant PhD in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM), you can earn 80% of the usual going rate as long as you earn at least £20,480 a year.
  • As long as you will still earn your salary of £23,040, you can be paid at 90% of the typical rate if you have a PhD in a subject other than STEM.
  • If you are working in a postdoctoral position, you can earn 70% of your usual salary. 

What Does ‘Shortage Occupation List’ Mean?

There are skilled roles for which the Home Office keeps a list of positions for which employers are struggling to find enough workers.  

This is a feature of the current Tier 2 work migration route called the Shortage Occupation List (SOL). These are occupations where employers are facing a labour shortage and where migrant workers can help fill that shortage  

A number of special dispensations are provided for those occupations on the list within the immigration rules to make it easier for employers to hire migrant workers to fill vacancies in those areas of shortage.   

It is the Government’s responsibility to regularly commission the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) to recommend what occupations should be added to the SOL. However, it is ultimately the Government who chooses the occupations.  

The Home Office maintains a list of skilled jobs for which it is difficult for employers to hire enough workers with the necessary skills to fill the vacancies. 

Healthcare and education shortage occupations are listed separately on the Home Office website and include, among others, medical practitioners, nurses, midwives, psychologists, speech and language therapists, medical radiographers, paramedics and social workers. 

The salary threshold requirement will be reduced if you have a job offer for an occupation on the shortage occupation list.

What are Financial Maintenance Requirements?

In most cases, you need at least £1,270 in cash, subject to the exemptions below.

The money must have been held for at least 28 consecutive days and not more than 31 days prior to the date of your Skilled Worker Visa application.

If necessary, a fully ‘A-rated’ sponsor who agrees to cover your maintenance costs up to the end of the first month of your employment will exempt you from the financial requirement. This must be confirmed on your Certificate of Sponsorship by your sponsor.

If you are applying for permission to remain in the UK and have been here with permission for more than 12 months at the time of application, you qualify as meeting the financial requirement.

What Does Criminal Record Certificate Requirement Mean?

In the case of obtaining entry clearance for certain jobs (generally jobs in the health, care, welfare, and education sectors), unless it is not feasible to do so, you will be required to provide a criminal record certificate for any country in which, since the age of 18, you have resided for a period of 12 months or more (continuously or cumulatively) in the ten years prior to your application date.

You must provide a criminal record certificate if you are applying from outside the UK unless your job is one of the following occupation codes: biological scientists and biochemists (2112) or physical scientists (2113).

You’ll need to provide a criminal record certificate if you’re applying from outside the UK and you work in:

  • education, for example teachers, education advisers and school inspectors, childminders, teaching assistants
  • healthcare, for example nurses, doctors, paramedics, managers, pharmacists, dentists and dental nurses, ophthalmic opticians
  • therapy, for example psychologists, speech and language therapists, counsellors
  • social services, for example social workers, managers, probation officers, welfare and housing officers

If you’ve lived in more than one country

You might need to provide a certificate from each country you’ve lived in, depending on your age and how long you stayed in each country.

If you’re under 28, you’ll need a certificate from any country you’ve stayed in for a total of 12 months or more since you turned 18.

If you’re 28 or over, you’ll need a certificate from any country you’ve stayed in over the last 10 years.

Can I Switch my Existing Visa into a Health and Care Workers Visa?

You might be able to apply to change (‘switch’) to a Health and Care Worker visa if you’re already in the UK on a different type of visa.

Your partner or children will need to apply separately to switch their visa.

They can either apply at the same time as you, or at any time before their current visa expires.

You must not travel outside of the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man until you get a decision. Your application will be withdrawn if you do.


Your proposed job must meet strict job eligibility requirements

You must have a satisfactory proficiency of English in speaking, reading, writing and understanding.

Who cannot apply to switch to a Health and Care Worker visa from within the UK;

You cannot apply to switch to this visa if you’re currently in the UK:

  • on a visit visa
  • on a short-term student visa
  • on a Parent of a Child Student visa
  • on a seasonal worker visa
  • on a domestic worker in a private household visa
  • on immigration bail
  • because you were given permission to stay outside the immigration rules, for example on compassionate grounds

You must leave the UK and apply for a Health and Care Worker visa from abroad if you’re in one of these categories.

What Does ‘cooling off period’ in the Health and Care Worker Visa Mean?

The Tier 2 cooling off period previously barred Tier 2 visa holders from returning to the UK for a period of 12 months after their visa expired or moving back to a Tier 2 visa from another UK leave category within 12 months (unless they earned more than £159,600). 

It applied to people who were either abroad and had their last grant of Tier 2 leave expire or finish; or who were in the UK and had an earlier period of Tier 2 leave, but then transferred to a different immigration category and then tried to apply under Tier 2 again.

The Tier 2 cooling off period has been eliminated, allowing Tier 2 (General) and Health and Care Worker visa holders to apply for a UK visa without having to wait. Existing Tier 2 General visa holders will no longer be subject to these restrictions as a result of this adjustment.

The Tier 2 cooling off period had been troublesome for both sponsors and workers, and the revised rules provide Health and Care Workers with more flexibility in returning to the UK while also improving companies’ foreign recruitment possibilities.

There is no longer a 12-month ‘cooling off period’ for Health and Care Worker Visa holders.  

There is no restriction on the timing of applications for Health and Care Worker Visa holders.

How Long Does a Health and Care Worker Visa Last?

Visas for Health and Care Workers can be granted for a maximum of five years.

If the visa holder wants to extend the visa at this point, they can do so; if they have completed the five-year residency requirement, they may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.

Providing you follow the visa requirements, there is no limit to how many times you can extend the Health and Care Worker Visa.

Formerly, applicants to the Tier 2 (General) route had to spend up to six years in the route to be eligible for entry clearance or to switch to the route.

A six-year maximum stay has been removed from the Health and Care Worker Visa route. There is no duration limit.

It is necessary to apply for a new period of leave if the visa holder changes sponsors or jobs.

This means that if you continue working for your sponsor (and meet compliance requirements) for a continuous period of 5 years, you are eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain which will then afford you a status equivalent to permanent residency.

At this point, you become free from immigration control and enter and leave the UK at your leisure without any visa requirements.

You also enjoy all of the same rights as a settled person in the UK

Can Health and Care Workers Apply for Benefits or Change Job?

Visa holders for Health and Care Worker are allowed to work in the position they have been sponsored for.  Additionally, they can work part-time in the same occupation code or less than 20 paid hours per week if they continue to work at the job for which they are sponsored. 

Most benefits and state pensions are not available. Changing jobs and employers is not possible unless your visa is updated.

If you want to change jobs and your new employer is a different one; or if you are not in a graduate training programme; or if you leave a job on the shortage occupation list to take one that is not on the list, you need to apply for an update of your Health and Care Worker visa.

Additionally, if you are going to work more than 20 hours a week or if you are switching occupation codes, you will need to update your visa. Your second employer must issue you a new certificate of sponsorship, along with a letter explaining why you want to change your current stay authorisation. 

There are important UKVI compliance considerations as well as Employer policy / contractual obligations and conflicts of interest which must be examined in detail, and it is therefore not recommended to take on additional work unless there are compelling reasons to do so.

Our expert team are able to discuss any concerns or requirements at length with you to ensure the most appropriate action is taken and your immigration status is safeguarded at all times.

When Do I Qualify for Settlement (Permanent Residency) on the Skilled Worker Route?

Settlement means that you are considered to be permanently in the UK and do not require any further visas.

Indefinite leave to remain is how you settle in the UK.

It’s also called ‘settlement’. It gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like and apply for benefits if you’re eligible.

You can use it to apply for British citizenship.

The following conditions must be met in order to qualify for settlement as a Skilled Worker:

  • You have lived in the UK continuously for five years;
  • This period includes the time spent on any of the following routes, or any mix of them: Skilled Worker, Global Talent, Innovator, T2 Minister of Religion, International Sportsperson, Overseas Business Representative, Tier 1 Migrant (except as a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant), or Scale-Up;
  • Each year of the continuous 5-year period you haven’t been outside longer than 180 days;
  • If you are under 65, you have passed the Life in the UK test; 
  • Your sponsor is still an approved sponsor by the Home Office;
  • You are required to continue working for your sponsor;

For the foreseeable future, you will be paid at least the general salary threshold or the going rate requirement, whichever is higher.

What are the Application Fees?

Applicants for the Health and Care Visa will pay reduced application fees if their employer confirms the eligibility criteria for the route on their Certificate of Sponsorship. Partner and dependent fees are also reduced. Reductions should be automatic when the application is submitted.

Fees for an entry clearance application outside the UK and an application for leave to remain outside the UK, including an application to switch into this category, will be the same in effect from 01 December 2020. 

  • When you have been issued a Certificate of Sponsorship that allows you to stay in the UK for less than three years, the fee is £232.
  • For those with a Certificate of Sponsorship allowing them to stay in the UK for 3 years or more, the fee is £464. 

Depending on your nationality, this fee will be automatically reduced by £55 if you come from Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, or Sweden. Only the applicant is eligible for this reduction; partners and dependents will have to pay the full application fee.

Do Health and Care Workers Pay an Immigration Health Surcharge?

Immigration Health Charges are not applicable to Health and Care Worker visa applicants and their dependents.

How Long Does the Health and Care Workers Visa take to Process?

Health and Care visa applications will be prioritised by UK Visas and Immigration. It is hoped that most of these applications will be processed within three weeks following biometric collection.

Can My Partner and Children Join Me?

It is possible for Health and Care Workers to have a dependent partner over 18 years of age and/or a dependent child under 18 years of age. 

If you are a Health and Care Worker in the UK, your immediate family can also come to the UK with you as your dependents.

They will be free to work, study or travel freely whilst subject to a dependent visa.

Dependant Visas are issued to the family members of migrants who qualify for the visa.  

A dependent is defined by the Immigration Rules as:

  • Husband, wife or civil partner;
  • Unmarried or same-sex partner;
  • Child aged under 18 years at the time of application.

For the purposes of the Dependant Visa, it is highly unlikely that any other family members would be eligible for dependant status.

A spouse or partner may obtain a dependent visa if the person they are dependent on is either:

  • In the UK on a relevant visa, or
  • Applying for a visa at the same time as you are making your application for a Dependant Visa

Same-sex or unmarried partners must also be able to show they have been in a subsisting genuine relationship akin to marriage for the past two years.

Dependant visas are available for children if:

  • Both parents are applying for entry-clearance at the same time, or;
  • Both parents are already in the UK and the child is applying to join them, or;
  • One parent is already in the UK and the other parent is applying for entry-clearance to join them along with the child.

Dependant visas can only be applied for by the children of a sole parent if:

  • The parent is the only surviving parent; or
  • The parent has sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing; or
  • There are serious or compelling reasons for why the child can exceptionally apply as the dependant of only one of his/her parents.

Having sufficient finances to support a family without recourse to public funds is a requirement of the Dependant Visa. 

As an example, if the visa applicant is the main applicant, he/she is required to submit evidence of having £285 in savings for their dependent partner, along with an additional £315 in savings for their first dependent child and £200 for each additional dependent child. 

In addition to the fee reduction for Health and Care Workers, the exemption from Immigration Health Charge also applies to partners and children of Health and Care Visa applicants.

How can UK Immigration Solicitors help me?

Our expert legal team are highly experienced in assisting with the below services (where the option has been made available by UKVI)

New Applications – We can help you assess the merits, challenges and solutions to any issues arising whilst making a new application for Health and Care Worker Visas

Dependents – We can help you make a successful application for your partner or children to join you as your dependents on your Health and Care Worker Visa.

Legal Representations – Where applicable, if you find yourself in an unusual or challenging situation and want the Home Office to take notice of your special circumstances to ensure that you are treated fairly and your rights are respected, our expert team can make both oral and written persuasive legal representations.

Challenge a Refusal – If your application has been refused, we can consider your refusal for free and advise on the best course of action.

Administrative Review – Home Office or Immigration Rules can be challenged if the decision-maker failed to follow them correctly.

Judicial Review – If your application was denied illegally, unreasonable or procedurally improperly, our immigration lawyers can apply for Judicial Review and represent you at the Judicial Review hearing.

Appeal an Unfair Decision – The decision to refuse your application may provide you with a right of appeal to the First Tier Tribunal. Our expert lawyers can advise you on and handle Appeals before the Immigration & Asylum Chamber (First Tier & Upper Tribunal)

Years specialising in immigration law

Work Visa applications handled


Success rate for work visa applications


Work Visa application turnaround time

How can UK Immigration Solicitors help me?

We provide global assistance to clients all around the world remotely which means in most cases, you never need to visit us in person for us to provide you with expert legal assistance.

We are a multi award winning, nationwide, fully regulated law firm and are widely recognised as being the UK’s #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm.

We offer easy to understand, fixed fee services and comprehensive representation so you, the client knows exactly what to expect and have full peace of mind about how much our service costs without worrying about unexpected further fees.

We offer free initial assessments for all cases so if you have some questions, want to make sure you qualify or just want to understand the process and associated costs, get in touch with us now by phone or online enquiry and take the first proactive step in your immigration journey today.

Immigration is a constantly changing and complex area and government application fees are rising each year, so it is important you seek expert advice and assistance to ensure that you are fully clear on what to do, when and why.

We are the original and still the best! Proud to be the UK’s #1 Immigration Law Firm.

Health And Care Worker Visa

At UK Immigration Solicitors, we are passionate about all thing’s immigration. As a multi award winning nationwide law firm, we are proud to offer a truly global service. We have assisted clients from more than 120 countries over the last 10 years. We are proud to innovate and lead the immigration law industry.

Back in 2012, after carefully listening to the frustrations of clients who could not find reliable immigration advice online, we pioneered the provision of legal representation for immigration cases online. This was a revolutionary transition and since our innovations, there have been a whole multitude of online immigration service providers.

UK Immigration Solicitors are immensely proud of our reputation and our ability to deliver a truly global, comprehensive service to our clients without the need for them to step foot outside of the comfort of their own home in most cases.

Our Tried & Tested Comprehensive Representation Process for Successful Outcomes

We provide everything for one fixed, transparent fee - no unpleasent surprises!

Free Initial Assessment

Revieve a free, no obligation assessment.

The free assessment is carried out by an expert member of our Assesments Team.

We’ll identify your needs and objectives and figure out what your options are and whether you meet the requirements.

We’ll also explain exactly how we can help and issue you with a no obligation detailed proposal to take your case on.

You decide if you want us to help you through the journey having now understood your options.

1-1 Legal Consultation

If we can help you and you have accepted our proposal of service, we’ll get you booked in for a one to one legal consultation with a lawyer.

This is normally done over the phone but can be facilitated in person too if necessary.

During the legal consultation with a fully regulated expert solicitor, we will explain of the detailed requirements of your chosen visa type and check and rectify any problems and create a legal strategy and documentaton list.

We’ll also give you a step by step guide of your tailored road map.


During the legal consultation, our lawyers will discuss documentary requirements.

We’ll explain exactly which documents you’ll need to support your application.

We’ll work with you to ensure we have everything we need and address any issues your personal circumstances present.

Together, we’ll ensure we have all of the required documentation.

Strategic Assistance

It’s rarely the case that you will have the correct documents available in a format which is acceptable to UKVI without our help.

Too often, we see clients have followed poor internet guides, made assumptions or followed a strategy which worked for someone they know.

We ensure we have a winning strategy in place and provide proactive advice on how to overcome any challenges you face.

File Submission

We’ll work with you through every step of the way to ensure that we have everything we need are we are both happy with your application by sharing a draft with you.

Once you have confirmed you are happy with our prepared application, we will submit this for you via secure transmission.

We assist with all elements of booking necessary appointments and related processes.

Visa Granted

Having submitted your application, we’ll guide you on how long we can expect the process to take.

We will monitor the application decision and where possible, will proactively review and liaise with the Home Office.v

We’ll deal with any queries raised and make any required legal respresentations for you.

If Your Case Takes A Day Or A Year To Complete, Our Fixed Fee Has You Covered For Complete Peace Of Mind

Why Not Ask Us For A Free Assessment And No Obligation Quotation Today?
Get Your Free Quotation Now On 0203 384 4389 or Complete an Online Assessment And We'll Call You Back With A Quotation.

See how we compare against 2096 other nationwide UK Immigration Law Firms

Independent results by trust platform Review Selectors

Taken from reviewsolicitor.co.uk (11.04.2023)

Value for Money

  • This Firm 91% 91%
  • National Average 55% 55%

Would Recommend to Friend

  • This Firm 94% 94%
  • National Average 66% 66%

Satisfied with outcome

  • This Firm 92% 92%
  • National Average 69% 69%

Client Reviews


Overall Experience

Value For Money
Initial Impressions
Documentation Accuracy
Legal Knowledge

Call us now on 0203 384 4389 to get free help with understanding what your options are with a free assessment.

Doesn’t Seem Like This Is The Right Visa Type For You?

UK Immigration Solicitors Can Assist With All UK Visa Types, Challenges, Extensions And Appeals So Whatever You’re Looking For, We Have You Covered!


This section will show you all the options and visa types available to you under the Personal Immigration category

It Covers options for the following


This section will show you all the options and visa types available to you under the Business Immigration category

It Covers options for the following

Talent Based

This section will show you all the options and visa types available to you under the Talent Based Immigration category

It Covers options for the following

  • Introduction
  • Arts and Culture
  • Film and Television
  • Architecture
  • Fashion Design
  • Digital Technology
  • Science, Engineering, Humanities and Medicine

EEA & Family

This section will show you all the options and visa types available to you under the EEA & Family Members category

It Covers options for the following

  • Family Permit
  • Settled Status
  • Pre-settled Status
  • Derivative Rights of Residence

We have helped people from more than 100 countries get a UK visa without them leaving their homes!

We can help you get a visa from the comfort of your own home wherever you are in the world.

Speak to our friendly expert team now to see how we can help you live, work or study in the UK. Call now 0203 484 4389


What Clients Say About Us and Our Services



Great service all round. They were very helpful with my family's entry visa and gave solid advice towards securing my kids UK citizenship. Faheem Hasam always made himself available to respond to queries and offered advise whenever asked for.

(Trustpilot Review)

Mohammad Amro


I really appreciate the service and the response and the friendly team who deal with my case and specially Mr Talal talha . He is such a great person and professional. I highly recommend this great solicitor's.

(Trustpilot Review)

Yorshini Ramsamy


Alanta has been very helpful since day one. The application process went smoothly. It was easy communicating with her and she answered all our questions. We can't thank her enough for the amazing job she did.

(Trustpilot Review)

On Average, 98% Of Our Clients Would Recommend UK Immigration Solicitors To Their Friends & Family
*(Across All Review Platforms)*

How we work in 3 simple steps


Call us or submit your details online


Receive a FREE no obligation assessment


Instruct us over the phone to take your case

Why Choose
UK Immigration Solicitors?

We are professional Solicitors here to help you with your immigration needs

What is the benefit of using UK Immigration Solicitors?

Immigration rules are complex and subject to regular changes and revisions. This itself presents problems as it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of and have complied with any changes to the routes, processes and evidence requirements.

Failure to meet strict rules is likely to result in the application being refused which, in turn, is likely have an emotional and financial strain on you and your family.

It is our job to ensure we are fully aware of the latest immigration rules, policies and procedures. We don’t leave matters to chance. Once you become a client of ours, we explain our strategy and tell you exactly how we propose to get you the right result. We will pinpoint the positives and negatives of your circumstances and explain where issues may arise and what would need to be done to fix them. We provide step by step guidance and advice throughout the entire process professionally. Our vast experience allows us to foresee problems before they arise and pro-actively adopt a strategic action plan.

Our legal fees are always agreed and fixed with you right at the beginning of your case, so you have complete peace of mind and control over the costs to ensure there are no restrictions or unpleasant surprises.

There are many online agencies, advisors and marketing companies who claim to be immigration experts but, provide very little expertise.

Let us be very clear here, if you are paying for someone just to fill in the forms for you, you should think about how you can put that money to better use and avoid gambling with your future by using inexperienced and ineffective companies.

We are a fully regulated nationwide, multi award winning law firm that specialises in immigration. Having more than 60 years of combined expertise and having handled more than 8,000 cases we have unrivalled experience and expertise to ensure you get the right result first time around – Don’t take our word for it though, check out our reviews to see why our clients trust us with their futures. We are rated 5* across the board and 98% of our clients have confirmed that they would recommend us to others.

We have illustrated our typical scope of service below so you can understand what we do for you as paid of our service:

  • Our immigration specialists carry out a free detailed assessment with you to understand your circumstances and needs.
  • The collated information is then reviewed by a senior immigration solicitor who will have no less than 8 years’ immigration experience.
  • Based on the information collected, the senior solicitor will then confirm what your options are and will also confirm if we are able to help you.
  • We will offer you an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation for us to handle your entire case until initial conclusion without obligation.
  • If we have officially taken your instructions, we will create a client file for you and collect detailed initial information.
  • We will then ensure you receive a personalised one-to-one legal consultation with a senior immigration solicitor who will take your full instructions by exploring your circumstances in detail and advise you on the best way to meet your objectives. The solicitor will explain the relevant legislations and provide you with advice on the steps that we would need to take to get a successful result.
  • The senior solicitor who carried out your legal consultation will then send you detailed written legal advice explaining everything that needs to be done and which documents will be required as part of the process. We will tell you about any problem areas and formulate a strategy to overcome/mitigate these.
  • We will carefully review any documents that you have provided in support of the application. These documents are then validated and formatted to ensure that they meet the UKVI specified evidence requirements. Where they do not, we will explain what needs to be done to address the issues.
  • Where required, we will prepare any necessary written legal arguments or representations that are required to support your application and gain an approval. Often, we may be required to make discretionary submissions.
  • We will complete a draft application and share this with you to ensure that all parties are happy with the representations that will be submitted to the Home Office.
  • We advise you on what application processing routes are available. In some cases, there are fast track or premium processing routes available. We may be required to book a Home Office appointment on your behalf.  Will also be able to confirm typical processing times for any processing centre in the world. We explain all options, routes and fees comprehensively allowing you to make the best choice.
  • We lodge the application on your behalf using our secure authenticated processes. Whilst your application is pending, we continue to ensure you receive maximum legal protection and ensure that your rights and allowances are upheld throughout the processing stage. We ensure that you are aware of and remain compliant with the immigration rules and regulations during this period. We will also keep you updated on the progress of your matter.
  • If any follow up work is required in response to any queries raised by the UKVI, we will also deal with these as part of the comprehensive service.
  • We secure a decision on your matter and further advise you on the relevant implications of that decision. If required, we will also confirm if any secondary applications are required and brief you on the necessary process and procedure for those also.

Why should you use Immigration Solicitors to help me?

Here are just some of the reasons to choose us:

  • We are the UK’s #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm
  • We are a fully SRA regulated law firm so you are working directly with our in house legal team
  • No agencies, middlemen or outsourcing
  • We have achieved 99% success rate across all application types
  • We have a 24 hour helpline that operates 7 days a week – 365 days a year
  • We have multiple offices across the UK but 90% of our clients are not required to visit in person
  • We have more than 60 years combined immigration expertise
  • Our team have handled more than 8,000 cases
  • We offer a free initial assessment which will explain your options and check your eligibility for your chosen route
  • We operate a 100% Agreed Fixed Fee model with all fees fixed and agreed before work is started
  • 98% of our clients would recommend us to family & friends
  • Our average rating is 4.6/5 across major review platforms (based on over 2000 reviews).

What is Free Needs Assessment?

If you have an immigration related problem or question, you can have a free assessment with a member of our assessments team.

The assessor will establish why you are calling and what you are looking for assistance with. The assessor will ask you a series of questions to determine your circumstances in relation to your objectives.

The assessment is 100% private and confidential. As we are a private law firm, we work with our clients to overturn Government decisions daily. We do not share any information with any third party.

Although the assessor will be a trained immigration specialist, they are not solicitors and therefore will not give you detailed legal advice or guidance.

If you want to establish what your options are and the best way forward for you, your assessor will collate the necessary information and then speak with one of the resident senior solicitors at the firm to determine what your options are, if and how we could assist and confirm whether we would be prepared to take your case. If we can assist, you will be provided with an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation which is a single legal fee to cover the firms cost of representation agreed from the outset and binding for all parties.

The free assessment is no obligation and you are merely given clarity on your position and options to move forward.

If you have a complex matter or require legal advice regarding a specific issue, you will most likely require a legal consultation.

This is a separate service and is chargeable at the prevailing rates.

Please note, UK Immigration Solicitors are a private law firm and are not part of the Government. We do not accept legal aid instructions. Although we are happy to assist genuine callers, we are not a directory service and sadly are unable to provide you with Government telephone numbers.

To get started you can either call us on 0203 384 4389 or complete the assessment form and one of the team will call you

What do you want to do next?

I want to speak with a specialist now for a free assessment

Talk now

I want you to call me back to discuss my needs

Request a Callback

I want you to look at my refusal and call me back with a solution

Discuss refusal

I want you to provide me with a free quotation

Phone Us

I want to start a free online assessment

Start free assessment

I want to know more about your firm

About Us

Did we manage to give you everything that you were looking for today?

On average, our website receives more than 50,000 visitors each month so we want to make sure we are doing all we can to give you the very best information!

Please help by completing this form, or learn more here:

Do you have an immigration question or enquiry?