PPE Visit Visa

Want to complete up to 1 month of paid work as a Professional artist / Entertainers / Musicians / Sportsperson Examiner / Lecturer / Designated air pilot examiner / Qualified lawyer

How can we help you today?
How can we help you today?

Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa

Certain professionals and experts can apply for a Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) Visit Visa in order to undertake a paid engagement in the UK for a period of up to 1 month in order to gain work experience in the UK.

The Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa is a subcategory of the Standard Visitor route.

All visitors must apply separately, even if they are travelling in a group.

This visa type is short-term and can be granted for up to 6 months. It will not provide any other rights of residence or allow you to become settled in the UK.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

How Can We Help You With Your Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa?

Who is eligible for the Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa?

The following will need to be proven to UK Visas & Immigration in order for you to qualify for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa:
Depending on your circumstances, you may need to satisfy different requirements.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

The following professionals and experts are eligible to apply for a Paid Engagement Visit Visa:

Professional artists, entertainers and musicians

If you are an artist, entertainer, or musician, you can apply for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa in order to conduct a paid activity that is directly related to your profession for up to one month while in the UK. A visiting artist may, for example, give a paid performance and also present their work to other artists or to the public in the UK as a PPE Visitor.

An artist, entertainer, or musician must demonstrate that this is their primary occupation in order to qualify for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa. Documentary proof will be needed, such as publicity material for performances, screenings, concerts, talks, readings, and exhibitions, as well as media coverage and reviews, and awards and proof of recent performances.

A creative (arts or entertainment) organisation, agent or broadcaster based in the UK must invite artists, entertainers and musicians. Artists, entertainers and musicians make up creative organisations. A creative organization includes, for example, galleries, arts faculties or departments at universities and schools, and venues that stage or produce events. Events conducted by embassies related to the country are also eligible. Agents and broadcasters based in the UK can also invite individuals to pay for engagements in the UK.

Permitted Paid Engagement Visas are not available to personal assistants, technical or support staff, or production team members of a professional artist, entertainer, or musician. Nevertheless, some of these individuals may be eligible to enter the UK via a Creative Visit Visa or a Temporary Work – Creative Worker visa.

Professional sportspersons

A Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa is available to professional sportspersons who are engaged in a paid activity directly related to their profession in the UK for up to one month. An athlete may enter to give an interview or attend meetings to discuss a contract, for example.

An established sports professional must be able to demonstrate that they qualify for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visa. Documentary evidence, such as media coverage, proof of awards, and proof of recent participation in sporting events, will need to be provided to support this claim.

Sports organizations, agents, or broadcasters based in the United Kingdom must invite professional athletes. Any organization involved in organizing or staging sporting events or matches is a sports organization.

Examiners and lecturers

A Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa is available to academics who are highly qualified within their field of expertise and traveling to the UK to examine students and/or participate in or chair selection panels. Higher education institutions, research organizations, or arts organizations in the UK must have invited them as part of the quality assurance procedures of those institutions or organizations.

Visiting the UK for the purpose of giving paid lectures in their area of expertise may be eligible for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa. Researchers and artists must be invited by higher education institutions or British research and arts organizations, and engagements must not involve the host organization filling a teaching position.

Designated air pilot examiners

To assess UK-based pilots to ensure that they meet international aviation regulations, overseas designated pilot examiners can travel to the UK with a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa. An approved UK training organization that is regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority for that purpose must have invited overseas designated pilot examiners.

Qualified lawyers

Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visas are issued to qualified lawyers who are invited by a client to provide advocacy for court or tribunal hearings, arbitration, or other forms of dispute resolution for legal proceedings within the UK.

Visitor routes that permit paid engagement also permit other activities, but they are not permitted to study or transit.

What nationalities need a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa?

A Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa is required before you travel to the UK if you are planning to marry or form a civil partnership, or to give notice of marriage or civil partnership. Marriage and Civil Partnership Visitors cannot apply for permission at the UK border to enter the country. This is true regardless of whether you are a visa or non-visa holder.

In addition, European Union (EU) settlement scheme (EUSS) status or pre-settled status is not applicable to British citizens, Irish citizens, or those awaiting a decision on an EUSS leave application submitted before 1 July 2021. Those in this limited group can marry, form a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership without first obtaining clearance for entry into the UK.

A Marriage/Civil Partnership Visitor Visa is not required for non-visa nationals seeking entry to the UK for the purposes of entering into a marriage not recognized by UK law. Standard visitors are eligible for entry. A Standard Visitor Visa may also be obtained by Visa nationals for this purpose.

A Marriage/Civil Partnership Visitor Visa is not required for non-visa holders seeking entry to the UK to convert an existing civil partnership (under the English and Welsh laws) into a marriage. As a Standard Visitor, they can apply for entry. The Standard Visitor Visa can be applied for by citizens of visa-holding countries.

Unsure about whether you require a visa? Speak to our expert team now to confirm if you are required to apply for a visit visa before being granted entry into the UK.

What am I allowed to do with a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa?

You will need to demonstrate that you are sincerely seeking entry to the UK for a purpose that is allowed by the visitor routes, and you will not engage in any prohibited activities in order to qualify for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa. The following permitted activities are available to holders of a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa:
  • Get married or enter into a civil partnership;
  • Give notice of marriage or civil partnership to a Registry Office.
  • Visitor route visitors may also engage in other activities that are permitted under other visitor routes, but are not permitted to study. Choosing a visa can be very confusing as there are so many to choose from. It should be noted that there are several types of unmarried partner visas with similar or confusing names. We at UK Immigration Solicitors are specialists in this type of visa and can guide you through your options so that you follow the correct visa type for your needs. When you are not intending to settle permanently in the UK after getting married or entering into a civil partnership, the Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa is the best option. Other visa types may be more suitable for you if you intend to stay with your partner in the UK. Check out our Fiance Visa or Proposed Civil Partner Visa pages instead

    Is it possible to work on a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa?

    Paid Engagements Visitors are allowed to engage in paid engagements that were declared as part of their entry clearance application. The Home Office, however, will make sure that temporary employment is not repeated by using the PPE route. Pay is permitted, but Permitted Paid Engagements are limited to short engagements, and the visitor’s main place of employment must remain overseas.

    A Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa is not permitted to work in the UK or, with few exceptions, to receive any payment for activities undertaken in the UK.

    Thus, Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visitors are not allowed to take up employment, establish or run a business as a sole trader, work for an organisation or business in the UK, undertake a work placement or internship in the UK, or otherwise provide or sell goods or services in the UK.

    During their visit to the UK, Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visitors are permitted to perform activities related to their employment overseas, such as responding to emails or answering phone calls. However, the main purpose of your visit to the UK should be to engage in a permitted activity, rather than to remotely work from the UK.

    Visitors who are seeking employment or attending job interviews can also come to the UK as Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visitor If you are successful in obtaining employment, you will have to leave the UK and get entry clearance before starting work.

    If you are looking for long term work in the UK, there are a number of alternative visit types which will allow you to do so.

    Our team are experts in this area and will be happy to assess your needs and identify the best route for you.

    Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

    What are the fees?

    As with most things in life, think accountant, doctor, electrician, it is possible to do it yourself if your suitably qualified and competent. You can complete your own visa application if you feel you have the required understanding of the Home Office rules, requirements and specified evidence thresholds. However, it is not ordinarily recommended if you are not totally comfortable with understanding and satisfying UKVI immigration rules.

    It is worth noting that this type of visa is the most refused visa type out of all categories.

    Almost every visa has an associated processing government application fee.

    It is important to note that this is an administrative fee that you will be charged for the application to be processed irrespective of the outcome.

    In the event that you have made an inadequate application or are refused, the processing fee would have already been utilised and therefore, it will not be refunded.

    Aside from the application fees, a refusal is likely to have far reaching implications both practical and financial.

    If you do not have a strong history of previous compliant visits to the UK, it is unlikely you will be granted a visa for longer than 6 months initially

    The Home Office application fee for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa is currently £100 for stays up to six months.

    The Home Office application fee for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa for a stay of more than 6 months but not more than 11 months is £200.

    Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa that are valid for 2 years, 5 years, or 10 years will cost you £376, £670, or £837, respectively, at the Home Office.

    Please note, the above fees are administrative only and do not cover our professional fees for legal representation.

    We provide a full representation service for one transparent, affordable fee to handle your entire case

    Here are the following marriage visa UK supporting documents

    How are my intentions assessed for the Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa?

    As a Permitted Paid Engagement Visitor, you must demonstrate to the Home Office that you intend to marry in the UK or form a civil partnership in the UK, within the period where you are seeking permission to visit. It must be true that the marriage or civil partnership proposed is legitimate.

    The Home Office will expect you to provide proof that you have made arrangements to give notice at a register office when you apply for a Marriage Visit Visa or Civil Partnership Visit Visa. To provide notice, an appointment card or email confirmation could be used, for example.

    If you are applying for a Marriage/Civil Partnership Visitor Visa, you must show proof that you have made arrangements to marry or form a civil partnership in the UK. You may need a confirmation email from the church or registrar’s office as well as the receipt of payment for the wedding venue.

    The Home Office considers all the evidence submitted, including your and your partner’s relationship, your future plans, and living arrangements, in assessing whether the marriage or civil partnership is a sham. The Home Office will deny your application if it does not believe that the relationship is genuine.

    As part of your application for a Medical Treatment and Organ Donation Visit Visa, you will be required to satisfy the Home Office that you are genuinely seeking to enter the United Kingdom for a permitted purpose. In addition, you must assure the Home Office that you will leave the United Kingdom at the end of your visit and will not reside in the United Kingdom for prolonged periods through frequent or successive visits or make the UK your place of residence.

    In assessing your application, the Home Office will consider the following factors:

    Often, we see that as a result of applicants making applications themselves, UKVI have highlighted discrepancies and treated them as a deliberate attempt to deceive the Home Office. We regularly hear horror stories from clients who innocently made applications without legal guidance as they were intending to save the legal fees but have not understood the immigration rules properly and are now battling to prove that the information they gave was in good faith albeit contained administrative errors.

    If you are unclear about whether your intentions meet the requirements or are concerned about the impact of how a previous application may affect your proposed visit, get help from our experts now to get clear, bespoke guidance.

    Is there an English language requirement?

    There is no English proficiency requirement for applicants for Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa.

    However, having a limited command of English can cause many problems whilst preparing and making an application and applying the correct rules and considerations.

    Our team are bilingual and can provide you with advice and guidance in languages other than English upon request.

    How long do Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visas last?

    You can apply for a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa that is valid for either a 6 month, 2 year, 5 year, or 10 year period if you wish to visit the UK on a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa.

    While the validity period of your Visit Visa is valid, you can enter and leave the UK more than once, unless your Visit Visa has been endorsed for single or dual entry, you can visit the UK no more than once every six months.

    How can UK Immigration Solicitors help me?

    In addition to offering immigration services, our immigration lawyers assist individuals from around the world to obtain visas to visit the UK for Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visas.

    In order to obtain a Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa, our immigration lawyers can be of assistance to you in assessing the merits of the application, overcoming challenges, assisting in preparing the application or representing you in challenging a decision to refuse an application.

    Having a proactive approach to understanding and meeting the needs of our clients is something we take pride in. Our team is committed to providing clients with clear and reliable immigration advice within a professional and friendly environment.

    By now you would have realised that when it comes to Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visas, we are the go-to experts.

    UK Immigration Solicitors are the UK’S #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm – Don’t take our word for it, see what makes us the experts below!

    Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa

    At UK Immigration Solicitors, we are passionate about all thing’s immigration. As a multi award winning nationwide law firm, we are proud to offer a truly global service. We have assisted clients from more than 120 countries over the last 10 years. We are proud to innovate and lead the immigration law industry.

    Back in 2012, after carefully listening to the frustrations of clients who could not find reliable immigration advice online, we pioneered the provision of legal representation for immigration cases online. This was a revolutionary transition and since our innovations, there have been a whole multitude of online immigration service providers.

    UK Immigration Solicitors are immensely proud of our reputation and our ability to deliver a truly global, comprehensive service to our clients without the need for them to step foot outside of the comfort of their own home in most cases.

    We are the original and still the best! Proud to be the UK’s #1 Immigration Law Firm

    Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

    Most of the time, a child needs a visa in order to live in the UK. For instance, if their parent is a foreign national working or studying in the country, the child may need a Child Dependant Visa.

    Immigration rules are complex and subject to regular changes and revisions. This itself presents problems as it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of and have complied with any changes to the routes, processes and evidence requirements.

    Failure to meet strict rules is likely to result in the application being refused which, in turn, is likely have an emotional and financial strain on you and your family.

    It is our job to ensure we are fully aware of the latest immigration rules, policies and procedures. We don’t leave matters to chance. Once you become a client of ours, we explain our strategy and tell you exactly how we propose to get you the right result. We will pinpoint the positives and negatives of your circumstances and explain where issues may arise and what would need to be done to fix them. We provide step by step guidance and advice throughout the entire process professionally. Our vast experience allows us to foresee problems before they arise and pro-actively adopt a strategic action plan.

    Our legal fees are always agreed and fixed with you right at the beginning of your case, so you have complete peace of mind and control over the costs to ensure there are no restrictions or unpleasant surprises.

    There are many online agencies, advisors and marketing companies who claim to be immigration experts but, provide very little expertise.

    Let us be very clear here, if you are paying for someone just to fill in the forms for you, you should think about how you can put that money to better use and avoid gambling with your future by using inexperienced and ineffective companies.

    We are a fully regulated nationwide, multi award winning law firm that specialises in immigration. Having more than 60 years of combined expertise and having handled more than 8,000 cases we have unrivalled experience and expertise to ensure you get the right result first time around – Don’t take our word for it though, check out our reviews to see why our clients trust us with their futures. We are rated 5* across the board and 98% of our clients have confirmed that they would recommend us to others.

    We have illustrated our typical scope of service below so you can understand what we do for you as paid of our service.

    Here are just some of the reasons to choose us:
  • We are the UK’s #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm
  • We are a fully SRA regulated law firm so you are working directly with our in house legal team
  • No agencies, middlemen or outsourcing
  • We have achieved 99% success rate across all application types
  • We have a 24 hour helpline that operates 7 days a week – 365 days a year
  • We have multiple offices across the UK but 90% of our clients are not required to visit in person
  • We have more than 60 years combined immigration expertise
  • Our team have handled more than 8,000 cases
  • We offer a free initial assessment which will explain your options and check your eligibility for your chosen route
  • We operate a 100% Agreed Fixed Fee model with all fees fixed and agreed before work is started
  • 98% of our clients would recommend us to family & friends
  • Our average rating is 4.6/5 across major review platforms (based on over 2000 reviews).
  • If you have an immigration related problem or question, you can have a free assessment with a member of our assessments team.
    The assessor will establish why you are calling and what you are looking for assistance with. The assessor will ask you a series of questions to determine your circumstances in relation to your objectives.

    The assessment is 100% private and confidential. As we are a private law firm, we work with our clients to overturn Government decisions daily. We do not share any information with any third party.

    Although the assessor will be a trained immigration specialist, they are not solicitors and therefore will not give you detailed legal advice or guidance.

    If you want to establish what your options are and the best way forward for you, your assessor will collate the necessary information and then speak with one of the resident senior solicitors at the firm to determine what your options are, if and how we could assist and confirm whether we would be prepared to take your case. If we can assist, you will be provided with an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation which is a single legal fee to cover the firms cost of representation agreed from the outset and binding for all parties.

    The free assessment is no obligation and you are merely given clarity on your position and options to move forward.

    If you have a complex matter or require legal advice regarding a specific issue, you will most likely require a legal consultation.

    This is a separate service and is chargeable at the prevailing rates.

    Please note, UK Immigration Solicitors are a private law firm and are not part of the Government. We do not accept legal aid instructions. Although we are happy to assist genuine callers, we are not a directory service and sadly are unable to provide you with Government telephone numbers.

    To get started you can either call us on 0203 384 4389 or complete the assessment form and one of the team will call you

    How can we help you today?

    Our Services

    Spouse Visa, Fiancé Visa, Civil Partner Visa
    Child Dependent Visa, Adult Dependent Relative Visa
    ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain), Visa Extensions, ILR through Domestic Violence
    Retaining Rights of Residents, EU Settlement Status
    Appeal a Decision , Challenge a Refusal, Judicial Review, Administration Review
    Denied Entry , Deportation, Legal Representation, Detention & Bail
    UK Business Expansion, UK Start-up Visa
    UK Investor Visa, UK Self Sponsorship Visa,UK Sole Representative Visa
    UK Visit Visas, Business Visit Visa
    Visit Visa For marriage & Civil Partnership, Medical Treatment Visitor Visa
    Skilled Worker Visas, Graduate Visa
    Domestic Worker in Private Household Visa
    Student Visa, Child Student Visa