Asylum & Refugee Protection
This visa type is suitable if you;
Are already in the UK and are required to leave but doing so would put you in danger or breach your human rights. This is not technically a visa but does provide "Leave to Remain" which means "Permission to Stay".
"*" indicates required fields
Asylum & Refugee Protection
You may be recognized as a refugee by the UK if you are at risk of persecution in your country and unable to return to it. You should seek asylum in this case.
UK law also recognizes your right to protection under the 1951 Refugee Convention. You should be protected from ‘refoulement’, where you are forcibly returned to a country where you could face persecution.
4.6 / 5 – 509 Reviews
4.9 / 5 – 484 Reviews
4.9 / 5 – 362 Reviews
4.7 / 5 – 98 Reviews
4.7 / 5 – 1134 Reviews
Immigration routes and rules are constantly changing in line with UK government guidelines. UK Immigration Solicitors strive to ensure that they are always well informed about any changes and how they may affect you and your next steps.
We Can Help You With Your
Asylum & Refugee Protection
- Make a new application, apply for your dependents to join you, wish to extend your visa, become settled or challenge an unfair decision…
- UK Immigration Solicitors can provide you with expert advice, guidance and legal representation to meet your needs.
- Unsure about whether your plans would meet the requirements or whether you are likely to face any challenges?
- We can assess your individual circumstances and confirm what your options are through a free case assessment.
- UK Immigration Solicitors can ensure that your chances of success are maximised by handling your entire application remotely.
- We provide a fully digital service, and you never have to visit our offices for 9/10 immigration cases.
- We are an award-winning law firm that specialises in all types of UK immigration cases, and we offer a transparent, fixed fee service to handle your entire case.
Get Help From Our
Asylum & Refugee Protection Lawyers Now
Who is eligible for Asylum or Refugee Protection?
In certain circumstances, you may be eligible for leave to remain in the United Kingdom if you are a genuine refugee at risk of persecution in your home country.
Refugees must meet the following requirements in order to receive recognition:
- Being living outside your country of origin, or if you are stateless, the country in which you usually reside;
- An individual’s well-founded fear of persecution based on their race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group puts them at risk due to the social, cultural, religious, or political climate in their country (for instance, their gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation);
- If you cannot or don’t wish to be protected by the authorities in your country;
Have no place in your country where you can safely live where you can be expected to go.
It is first determined whether the UK authorities are responsible for examining your claim before determining whether the criteria above are met. The UK authorities may not be responsible if:
- You can go to another country that has already recognised you as a refugee or given you protection against repatriation;
- Due to a previous connection with that country, it would be reasonable for you to go to another safe country and ask for protection. For example, if you or your family members have previously been granted asylum in another EU country.
It may be possible for you to receive humanitarian protection if you are not a refugee, but are at risk of death or serious injury in your country of origin.
A five-year, renewable residence permit will be issued to you if you are recognized as a refugee or granted humanitarian protection. Your partner or children under the age of 18 will be issued a residence permit if they applied with you as your dependants. You may renew your residence permit after five years or apply for permanent residency.
You will be able to work, go to school, receive healthcare and receive benefits just like a settled person. A travel document can also be obtained, which you can use for travel abroad.
Will the Home Office Know What is Happening in My Home Country?
If your claim to international protection concerns risks you may face in your country of origin or other aspects relevant to your claim, you may consider instructing an expert to provide evidence of those risks. Immigration Solicitors can assist you with finding an appropriate expert, provide detailed instructions, and liaise with them to assist them in preparing the expert report.
I Have Been Granted Asylum but What Happens to My Family in My Home Country?
Your family members outside the UK may join you if you are recognized as a refugee or granted humanitarian protection. Your spouse, children under 18 and your unmarried partner may be eligible for assistance.
What if I circumstance are not covered above?
It may be possible to apply for leave to remain on Article 8 grounds outside the Rules if your circumstances do not meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules, but there are compelling factors that make removal a disproportionate intrusion into your family or private life.
What if my application has been considered and refused?
We can assist you to make further submissions to the Home Office if your asylum or humanitarian protection claim has been denied or withdrawn, or if you have been refused an appeal.
Home Office will first determine whether these constitute a new claim. The next submission will be considered a fresh claim where it differs significantly from the previous submission because:
- The material is new and has not been considered before; and
- Together with the previously discussed material, there is a realistic chance for success.
What can I do if I feel my application for asylum and refugee was unfairly refused?
Appeals to the Tribunal of First-tier, Upper Tribunal, and upper courts are expertly prepared and presented by our immigration lawyers.
The immigration Solicitors at our firm can help you appeal a refusal of asylum or humanitarian protection, advise you on possible grounds for appeal, help you gather relevant evidence for your appeal. Assist you with the drafting of legal arguments in support of your appeal and appear on your behalf at the hearing.
Furthermore, our Solicitors can advise on and assist you in bringing judicial review proceedings to challenge a refusal by the Home Office to grant you an in-country right of appeal. You can also get a judicial review of a decision that removes you to a third country or refuses to consider a fresh claim.
Years specialising in immigration law
Human Rights applications handled
Success rate for Human Rights applications
Human Rights application turnaround time
How can UK Immigration Solicitors help me?
In addition to offering immigration services, our immigration lawyers assist individuals from around the world to defend their Human Rights and live in the UK
In order to obtain leave to remain under Human Rights, our immigration lawyers can be of assistance to you in assessing the merits of the application, overcoming challenges, assisting in preparing the application or representing you in challenging a decision to refuse an application.
Having a proactive approach to understanding and meeting the needs of our clients is something we take pride in. Our team is committed to providing clients with clear and reliable immigration advice within a professional and friendly environment.
By now you would have realised that when it comes to defending your Human Rights, we are the go-to experts.
We are the original and still the best! Proud to be the UK’s #1 Immigration Law Firm.
Asylum & Refugee Protection
At UK Immigration Solicitors, we are passionate about all thing’s immigration. As a multi award winning nationwide law firm, we are proud to offer a truly global service. We have assisted clients from more than 120 countries over the last 10 years. We are proud to innovate and lead the immigration law industry.
Back in 2012, after carefully listening to the frustrations of clients who could not find reliable immigration advice online, we pioneered the provision of legal representation for immigration cases online. This was a revolutionary transition and since our innovations, there have been a whole multitude of online immigration service providers.
UK Immigration Solicitors are immensely proud of our reputation and our ability to deliver a truly global, comprehensive service to our clients without the need for them to step foot outside of the comfort of their own home in most cases.
Our Tried & Tested Comprehensive Representation Process for Successful Outcomes
We provide everything for one fixed, transparent fee - no unpleasent surprises!
See how we compare against 2096 other nationwide UK Immigration Law Firms
Independent results by trust platform Review Selectors
Taken from reviewsolicitor.co.uk (11.04.2023)
Value for Money
- This Firm 91% 91%
- National Average 55% 55%
Would Recommend to Friend
- This Firm 94% 94%
- National Average 66% 66%
Satisfied with outcome
- This Firm 92% 92%
- National Average 69% 69%
Value For Money
Doesn’t Seem Like This Is The Right Visa Type For You?
UK Immigration Solicitors Can Assist With All UK Visa Types, Challenges, Extensions And Appeals So Whatever You’re Looking For, We Have You Covered!
It Covers options for the following
It Covers options for the following
It Covers options for the following
- Arts and Culture
- Film and Television
- Fashion Design
- Digital Technology
- Science, Engineering, Humanities and Medicine
EEA & Family
It Covers options for the following
- Family Permit
- Settled Status
- Pre-settled Status
- Derivative Rights of Residence
We have helped people from more than 100 countries get a UK visa without them leaving their homes!
We can help you get a visa from the comfort of your own home wherever you are in the world.
Speak to our friendly expert team now to see how we can help you live, work or study in the UK. Call now 0203 484 4389
What Clients Say About Us and Our Services
Great service all round. They were very helpful with my family's entry visa and gave solid advice towards securing my kids UK citizenship. Faheem Hasam always made himself available to respond to queries and offered advise whenever asked for.
I really appreciate the service and the response and the friendly team who deal with my case and specially Mr Talal talha . He is such a great person and professional. I highly recommend this great solicitor's.
Alanta has been very helpful since day one. The application process went smoothly. It was easy communicating with her and she answered all our questions. We can't thank her enough for the amazing job she did.
On Average, 98% Of Our Clients Would Recommend UK Immigration Solicitors To Their Friends & Family
*(Across All Review Platforms)*
How we work in 3 simple steps
UK Immigration Solicitors?
We are professional Solicitors here to help you with your immigration needs
What is the benefit of using UK Immigration Solicitors?
Immigration rules are complex and subject to regular changes and revisions. This itself presents problems as it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of and have complied with any changes to the routes, processes and evidence requirements.
Failure to meet strict rules is likely to result in the application being refused which, in turn, is likely have an emotional and financial strain on you and your family.
It is our job to ensure we are fully aware of the latest immigration rules, policies and procedures. We don’t leave matters to chance. Once you become a client of ours, we explain our strategy and tell you exactly how we propose to get you the right result. We will pinpoint the positives and negatives of your circumstances and explain where issues may arise and what would need to be done to fix them. We provide step by step guidance and advice throughout the entire process professionally. Our vast experience allows us to foresee problems before they arise and pro-actively adopt a strategic action plan.
Our legal fees are always agreed and fixed with you right at the beginning of your case, so you have complete peace of mind and control over the costs to ensure there are no restrictions or unpleasant surprises.
There are many online agencies, advisors and marketing companies who claim to be immigration experts but, provide very little expertise.
Let us be very clear here, if you are paying for someone just to fill in the forms for you, you should think about how you can put that money to better use and avoid gambling with your future by using inexperienced and ineffective companies.
We are a fully regulated nationwide, multi award winning law firm that specialises in immigration. Having more than 60 years of combined expertise and having handled more than 8,000 cases we have unrivalled experience and expertise to ensure you get the right result first time around – Don’t take our word for it though, check out our reviews to see why our clients trust us with their futures. We are rated 5* across the board and 98% of our clients have confirmed that they would recommend us to others.
We have illustrated our typical scope of service below so you can understand what we do for you as paid of our service:
- Our immigration specialists carry out a free detailed assessment with you to understand your circumstances and needs.
- The collated information is then reviewed by a senior immigration solicitor who will have no less than 8 years’ immigration experience.
- Based on the information collected, the senior solicitor will then confirm what your options are and will also confirm if we are able to help you.
- We will offer you an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation for us to handle your entire case until initial conclusion without obligation.
- If we have officially taken your instructions, we will create a client file for you and collect detailed initial information.
- We will then ensure you receive a personalised one-to-one legal consultation with a senior immigration solicitor who will take your full instructions by exploring your circumstances in detail and advise you on the best way to meet your objectives. The solicitor will explain the relevant legislations and provide you with advice on the steps that we would need to take to get a successful result.
- The senior solicitor who carried out your legal consultation will then send you detailed written legal advice explaining everything that needs to be done and which documents will be required as part of the process. We will tell you about any problem areas and formulate a strategy to overcome/mitigate these.
- We will carefully review any documents that you have provided in support of the application. These documents are then validated and formatted to ensure that they meet the UKVI specified evidence requirements. Where they do not, we will explain what needs to be done to address the issues.
- Where required, we will prepare any necessary written legal arguments or representations that are required to support your application and gain an approval. Often, we may be required to make discretionary submissions.
- We will complete a draft application and share this with you to ensure that all parties are happy with the representations that will be submitted to the Home Office.
- We advise you on what application processing routes are available. In some cases, there are fast track or premium processing routes available. We may be required to book a Home Office appointment on your behalf. Will also be able to confirm typical processing times for any processing centre in the world. We explain all options, routes and fees comprehensively allowing you to make the best choice.
- We lodge the application on your behalf using our secure authenticated processes. Whilst your application is pending, we continue to ensure you receive maximum legal protection and ensure that your rights and allowances are upheld throughout the processing stage. We ensure that you are aware of and remain compliant with the immigration rules and regulations during this period. We will also keep you updated on the progress of your matter.
- If any follow up work is required in response to any queries raised by the UKVI, we will also deal with these as part of the comprehensive service.
- We secure a decision on your matter and further advise you on the relevant implications of that decision. If required, we will also confirm if any secondary applications are required and brief you on the necessary process and procedure for those also.
Why should you use Immigration Solicitors to help me?
Here are just some of the reasons to choose us:
- We are the UK’s #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm
- We are a fully SRA regulated law firm so you are working directly with our in house legal team
- No agencies, middlemen or outsourcing
- We have achieved 99% success rate across all application types
- We have a 24 hour helpline that operates 7 days a week – 365 days a year
- We have multiple offices across the UK but 90% of our clients are not required to visit in person
- We have more than 60 years combined immigration expertise
- Our team have handled more than 8,000 cases
- We offer a free initial assessment which will explain your options and check your eligibility for your chosen route
- We operate a 100% Agreed Fixed Fee model with all fees fixed and agreed before work is started
- 98% of our clients would recommend us to family & friends
- Our average rating is 4.6/5 across major review platforms (based on over 2000 reviews).
What is Free Needs Assessment?
The assessor will establish why you are calling and what you are looking for assistance with. The assessor will ask you a series of questions to determine your circumstances in relation to your objectives.
The assessment is 100% private and confidential. As we are a private law firm, we work with our clients to overturn Government decisions daily. We do not share any information with any third party.
Although the assessor will be a trained immigration specialist, they are not solicitors and therefore will not give you detailed legal advice or guidance.
If you want to establish what your options are and the best way forward for you, your assessor will collate the necessary information and then speak with one of the resident senior solicitors at the firm to determine what your options are, if and how we could assist and confirm whether we would be prepared to take your case. If we can assist, you will be provided with an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation which is a single legal fee to cover the firms cost of representation agreed from the outset and binding for all parties.
The free assessment is no obligation and you are merely given clarity on your position and options to move forward.
If you have a complex matter or require legal advice regarding a specific issue, you will most likely require a legal consultation.
This is a separate service and is chargeable at the prevailing rates.
Please note, UK Immigration Solicitors are a private law firm and are not part of the Government. We do not accept legal aid instructions. Although we are happy to assist genuine callers, we are not a directory service and sadly are unable to provide you with Government telephone numbers.
What do you want to do next?
Did we manage to give you everything that you were looking for today?
On average, our website receives more than 50,000 visitors each month so we want to make sure we are doing all we can to give you the very best information!
Please help by completing this form, or learn more here: