Intra-Company Transfer Visa

The Intra-Company Transfer Visa caters to multinational employees requiring relocation to a UK branch for a skilled role.

To get immediate assistance call us now at 02033844389. We’re always available to help you.

"*" indicates required fields

How can we help you today?

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
How can we help you today?

Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer) Visas Explained by the UK's #1 Immigration Law Firm

You can apply for a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa if:

Speak to our assessment team now to confirm your eligibility and options for free on 02033844389.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Getting sponsored

You need to be employed by a licensed sponsor to apply to live in the UK.

Your sponsor checks that you can do the job they’re hiring you for and if it qualifies you for a visa. They’ll assign you a certificate of sponsorship to prove this.

They must also give you other information you need when you apply, for example how much you’ll be paid.

Types of Intra-company Transfer visa

There are 2 types of Intra-company Transfer visa.

Long-term Staff

Apply for this visa if you’re transferring into a role that requires you to have had previous experience working for the company.

You’ll need to have worked for your company for more than 12 months, unless they’re going to pay you £73,900 or more a year to work in the UK.

Graduate Trainee

This visa is for transfers into graduate trainee programmes for specialist roles. You need to be a recent graduate with at least 3 months’ experience with your employer overseas.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

How long it will take

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.

How long you can stay

You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa for up to the maximum stay allowed for your visa type, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship, whichever is shorter.

The maximum stay for each type of Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa is:

You can start your stay up to 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship.


Your start date is 15 July – the earliest you can start your stay is 1 July.

You can apply to extend your stay in the UK for the maximum time allowed for your visa type.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

What you can and can't do

You can:
You can’t:

Additional Considerations

  • Duration: The visa can be for up to 5 years 
  • Salary Requirements: There are minimum salary requirements that must be met.

It’s important to adhere to the conditions of your visa to avoid issues with your immigration status. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, it’s recommended to consult the official UK government website or a qualified immigration advisor, as immigration rules can change. For further details call of s at 02033844389 


You need to:

Certificate of sponsorship

A certificate of sponsorship holds your personal details and information about the job you’ve been offered. It’s an electronic record, not a paper document. Your sponsor will give you a certificate of sponsorship reference number to add to your application.

You can only use your certificate of sponsorship reference number once. You must use it 3 months after getting it.

Appropriate salary

You usually need to be paid at least the minimum salary for your type of visa or the appropriate rate for the job you’re offered – whichever is higher.

The minimum salary is:

The salary you need might be different, for example if:

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Documents you must provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

If your documents aren’t in English or Welsh you’ll need to send a certified translation.

Proof you’ve worked for your employer outside the UK

After you apply you might be asked to prove you’ve worked for your employer for a certain amount of time.

The length of time depends on what visa you’re applying for:

If you’re asked, you’ll need to show you’ve been paid by your employer over this time period. You can provide:

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Extend your visa

You might be able to apply to extend your stay in the UK depending on what type of Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa you have.


You must have either of the following Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visas:

You should apply before your current visa expires.

You must also:

You should include any dependants who are on your current visa on your application to extend – including children who have turned 18 during your stay.

How long you can stay

The amount of time you can extend your stay depends on the type of Tier 2 (Intra-company) visa you have.

Long-term Staff

Your stay can be extended for the shortest of the following:

Switch to this visa

You can apply to change (‘switch’) from a Representative of an Overseas Business visa to a Long-term Staff Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa.

You can’t switch to a Graduate Trainee Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa.

You should apply before your current visa expires.


You must:

How long you can stay

Your stay can be extended for the shortest of the following:


For detailed and professional advice on your immigration queries, I highly recommend reaching out to our expert UK immigration solicitors. They can provide you with the latest information and personalized assistance for your specific situation.

Please feel free to contact them at 02033844389  to discuss your requirements and get the guidance you need.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Family Members

Your family members (‘dependants’) can come with you when you come to the UK on this visa. Your family members must have a visa if they’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

A ‘dependant’ is any of the following:

Personal savings

You must show that your dependants can be supported while they’re in the UK.

Each dependant must have £630 available to them whether they apply with you or separately. This is in addition to the £945 you must have to support yourself.

You must have proof you have the money, and that it’s been in your bank account or your dependant’s bank account for at least 90 days before you or they apply.


You must have £2,205 if you want to bring your partner and one child with you to the UK (£945 to support yourself + £630 for your partner + £630 for your child).

You won’t need evidence of your savings if you have a:

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

What is the benefit of using UK Immigration Solicitors?

Immigration rules are complex and subject to regular changes and revisions. This itself presents problems as it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of and have complied with any changes to the routes, processes and evidence requirements.

Failure to meet strict rules is likely to result in the application being refused which, in turn, is likely have an emotional and financial strain on you and your family.

It is our job to ensure we are fully aware of the latest immigration rules, policies and procedures. We don’t leave matters to chance. Once you become a client of ours, we explain our strategy and tell you exactly how we propose to get you the right result. We will pinpoint the positives and negatives of your circumstances and explain where issues may arise and what would need to be done to fix them. We provide step by step guidance and advice throughout the entire process professionally. Our vast experience allows us to foresee problems before they arise and pro-actively adopt a strategic action plan.

Our legal fees are always agreed and fixed with you right at the beginning of your case, so you have complete peace of mind and control over the costs to ensure there are no restrictions or unpleasant surprises.

There are many online agencies, advisors and marketing companies who claim to be immigration experts but, provide very little expertise.

Let us be very clear here, if you are paying for someone just to fill in the forms for you, you should think about how you can put that money to better use and avoid gambling with your future by using inexperienced and ineffective companies.

We are a fully regulated nationwide, multi award winning law firm that specialises in immigration. Having more than 60 years of combined expertise and having handled more than 8,000 cases we have unrivalled experience and expertise to ensure you get the right result first time around – Don’t take our word for it though, check out our reviews to see why our clients trust us with their futures. We are rated 5* across the board and 98% of our clients have confirmed that they would recommend us to others.

We have illustrated our typical scope of service below so you can understand what we do for you as paid of our service:

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Why should you use Immigration Solicitors to help me?

Here are just some of the reasons to choose us:

What is Free Needs Assessment?

If you have an immigration related problem or question, you can have a free assessment with a member of our assessments team.

The assessor will establish why you are calling and what you are looking for assistance with. The assessor will ask you a series of questions to determine your circumstances in relation to your objectives.

The assessment is 100% private and confidential. As we are a private law firm, we work with our clients to overturn Government decisions daily. We do not share any information with any third party.

Although the assessor will be a trained immigration specialist, they are not solicitors and therefore will not give you detailed legal advice or guidance.

If you want to establish what your options are and the best way forward for you, your assessor will collate the necessary information and then speak with one of the resident senior solicitors at the firm to determine what your options are, if and how we could assist and confirm whether we would be prepared to take your case. If we can assist, you will be provided with an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation which is a single legal fee to cover the firms cost of representation agreed from the outset and binding for all parties.

The free assessment is no obligation and you are merely given clarity on your position and options to move forward.

If you have a complex matter or require legal advice regarding a specific issue, you will most likely require a legal consultation.

This is a separate service and is chargeable at the prevailing rates.

Please note, UK Immigration Solicitors are a private law firm and are not part of the Government. We do not accept legal aid instructions. Although we are happy to assist genuine callers, we are not a directory service and sadly are unable to provide you with Government telephone numbers.

To get started you can either call us on 02033844389 or complete the assessment form and one of the team will call you

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Our Services

Spouse Visa, Fiancé Visa, Civil Partner Visa
Child Dependent Visa, Adult Dependent Relative Visa
ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain), Visa Extensions, ILR through Domestic Violence
Retaining Rights of Residents, EU Settlement Status
Appeal a Decision , Challenge a Refusal, Judicial Review, Administration Review
Denied Entry , Deportation, Legal Representation, Detention & Bail
UK Business Expansion, UK Start-up Visa
UK Investor Visa, UK Self Sponsorship Visa,UK Sole Representative Visa
UK Visit Visas, Business Visit Visa
Visit Visa For marriage & Civil Partnership, Medical Treatment Visitor Visa
Skilled Worker Visas, Graduate Visa
Domestic Worker in Private Household Visa
Student Visa, Child Student Visa