Minister Of Religion Visa (T2)
Long Term Work Visa
This visa type is suitable if you;
Those who have an existing overseas business / Expanding and scaling up the overseas business / Holders of highly skilled job offer from a qualifying scale up business.
"*" indicates required fields
Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2)
Individuals who have been sponsored to perform a primarily pastoral leading role within a bona fide faith-based organisation or religious order in the United Kingdom may apply for the Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2).
It is possible to settle in the UK as a Minister of Religion using the (Tier 2) route and applicants can be accompanied or joined by a spouse and children under the age of 18.
Consider instead the Temporary Work – Religious Worker Visa if you wish to support the activities of a UK religious institution by working in a religious order or undertaking non-pastoral work for a religious order, for no more than two years.
4.6 / 5 – 509 Reviews
4.9 / 5 – 484 Reviews
4.9 / 5 – 362 Reviews
4.7 / 5 – 98 Reviews
4.7 / 5 – 1134 Reviews
Immigration routes and rules are constantly changing in line with UK government guidelines. UK Immigration Solicitors strive to ensure that they are always well informed about any changes and how they may affect you and your next steps.
We Can Help You With Your
Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2)
- Make a new application, apply for your dependents to join you, wish to extend your visa, become settled or challenge an unfair decision…
- UK Immigration Solicitors can provide you with expert advice, guidance and legal representation to meet your needs.
- Unsure about whether your plans would meet the requirements or whether you are likely to face any challenges?
- We can assess your individual circumstances and confirm what your options are through a free case assessment.
- UK Immigration Solicitors can ensure that your chances of success are maximised by handling your entire application remotely.
- We provide a fully digital service, and you never have to visit our offices for 9/10 immigration cases.
- We are an award-winning law firm that specialises in all types of UK immigration cases, and we offer a transparent, fixed fee service to handle your entire case.
Get Help From Our
Minister Of Religion Visa Lawyers Now
Who is eligible for the Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2)?
UK Visas & Immigration requires the following requirements in order to grant you a Minister of Religion using the (Tier 2) Visa:
- You are at least 18 years old;
- An approved sponsor has offered you a position as a minister of religion (which requires you to obtain a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the role you wish to undertake);
- There is a genuine desire and capability to undertake the role for which you have been sponsored;
- An English language requirement has been met;
- You have personal savings to support yourself while in the UK;
- No general ground for refusal applies to your application;
- An official TB certificate has been provided, if required.
You may have to meet different requirements depending on your situation. To ensure that any mistakes can be identified, and a solid strategy can be developed and implemented, you must seek professional advice and guidance as soon as possible.
What are the Main Role and Responsibilities of a Tier 2 Minister of Religion?
Individuals who are qualified to perform the job of a Minister of Religion are eligible for the (Tier 2) Minister of Religion Visa.
You will hold a major role within your religious establishment or organization in the UK, such as a minister, missionary, member of a religious order, or another religious worker with a pastoral role.
Ministers of Religion are expected to fulfil religious duties either within their sponsor’s organisation or as directed by their sponsors in the UK. The duties you perform here may include preaching, pastoral work, and non-pastoral work. The majority of your duties should be pastoral. For example, you should lead a congregation in performing rites and rituals and preach the essentials of the creed. Religious leaders such as priests, imams, rabbis and other ministers of religion would fall under this category but is not limited to them.
The main duties of a Minister of Religion do not include school teaching, media production, domestic work, administrative work, or clerical duties, unless you hold a senior position within your sponsor’s organization (like a financial controller). In these cases, applicants should consider other routes, such as the skilled worker route, to be sponsored.
How Do I Get a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?
For a Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2), you must hold a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from a sponsor approved by the Home Office for the role you wish to perform in the UK. Ensure that your sponsor holds a valid Tier 2 Minister of Religion sponsor license.
You will be sponsored by a genuine religious organization that:
- It is an organisation with charitable status;
- Is made up of a group of people who share common beliefs and spiritual goals, codes of behavior and religious practices, and whose role it is to sustain and/or propagate those beliefs and practices.
- Holds a belief in something transcendental, metaphysical, or ultimate.
- Any philosophical or political beliefs concerning man must be excluded, unless those beliefs are similar to religious beliefs.
- A community that does not discriminate based on gender, nationality, or ethnicity.
- Obtains financial and material support on a voluntary basis for its core religious ministry from its congregation or community, without promise or coercion.
- Complies with UK laws and encourages others to do so;
- Has no detrimental impact on personal or family life as understood in the United Kingdom and does not work against the public interest.
A Certificate of Sponsorship includes information such as details of the job and salary you have been offered, confirmation that you are qualified to do the job of a Tier 2 Minister of Religion, confirmation that you belong to your sponsor’s religious order (if your sponsor is a religious order) and verification that you will perform religious duties for your sponsor in the UK.
In order to be eligible for a Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2), you must apply at least three months before the start date of your role, as stated on the Certificate of Sponsorship.
What are the Financial Maintenance Requirements?
Your bank account must contain at least £1,270, held for a minimum of 28 days, ending at least 31 days prior to the date of your Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2) application, unless you have been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months or your employer agrees to cover your costs during your first month in the UK (which is confirmed on your Certificate of Sponsorship).
What are the English Requirements?
In order to apply for the Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2), you must have a good grasp of English.
Reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Language are needed.
Can I Switch My Existing Visa to a Tier 2 Minister of Religion?
You may switch into the Minister of Religion (Tier 2) route if you currently have leave to remain in another immigration category, unless you were granted permission as a visitor, short-term student, parent of a child student, seasonal worker, domestic worker in a private household, or outside the Immigration Rules.
How Long is a Tier 2 Minister of Religion Valid For?
The Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2) is valid for the length of time stated on the Certificate of Sponsorship plus 14 days or 3 years and 1-month, whichever period is shorter.
Ministers of Religion may spend up to 6 years on the Tier 2 Minister of Religion route. Upon applying for permission to stay in the UK as a Tier 2 Minister of Religion from within the UK, you will be granted permission for a maximum of 6 years plus the difference between that period and the period you have already been granted permission by the Tier 2 route.
You will be able to work in the job you have been sponsored for if your Minister of Religion Visa (T2) application is successful. Additionally, you will be able to do voluntary work and pursue studies.
When Can I Become Settled under the Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa Route?
After five years’ continuous residence in the UK, T2 Ministers of Religion are eligible to apply for settlement (indefinite leave to remain in the UK).
You can combine time spent in the T2 Minister of Religion category with time spent in the International Sportsperson, Skilled Worker, Tier 1 (other than Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), Sole Representative of an Overseas Business, Innovator, and Global Talent categories.
In any 12-month period during the 5-year period used, you cannot have spent more than 180 days outside the UK.
A sponsor will need to confirm that you will continue to work for them for the foreseeable future and that you will be paid appropriately.
The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages requires you to demonstrate speaking and listening ability at least to B1 and pass the Life in the UK test unless you are exempt.
This means that if you continue working for your sponsor (and meet compliance requirements) for a continuous period of 5 years, you are eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain which will then afford you a status equivalent to permanent residency.
At this point, you become free from immigration control and enter and leave the UK at your leisure without any visa requirements.
You also enjoy all of the same rights as a settled person in the UK
Can My Dependents Join me on the Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa Route?
Tier 2 ministers of religion may join or be accompanied by a dependent partner aged 18 and up as well as a dependent child.
Dependents may also need to satisfy a financial requirement in addition to providing evidence of their relationship. The Tier 2 Minister of Religion – or their partner or child – will need £285 for a partner, £315 for one child and £200 for each additional child, unless they have been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months or their employer covers their first month’s costs. The money needs to have been held for at least 28 days and not more than 31 days before the date of their visa application.
Settlement is only open to dependent partners of Tier 2 Ministers of Religion who have lived in the UK continuously for 5 years with no more than 180 days absence in any 12-month period and have demonstrated English language proficiency on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages at level B1 speaking and listening or have passed the Life in the UK test.
How Long Is the Processing Time for a Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa?
Visa decisions for most Tier 2 Minister of Religion applications are made within three weeks. If a visa application centre offers a priority service, you may be able to obtain a faster decision.
Most applications to extend stay as a Tier 2 Minister of Religion are decided within eight weeks of submission.
How can UK Immigration Solicitors help me with My Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa?
Our expert legal team are highly experienced in assisting with the below services (where the option has been made available by UKVI and is considered appropriate)
New Applications – We can help you assess the merits, challenges and solutions to any issues arising whilst making a new application for a Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa
Dependents – We can help you make a successful application for your partner or children to join you as your dependents on your Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa.
Legal Representations – Where applicable, if you find yourself in an unusual or challenging situation and want the Home Office to take notice of your special circumstances to ensure that you are treated fairly and your rights are respected, our expert team can make both oral and written persuasive legal representations.
Challenge a Refusal – If your application has been refused, we can consider your refusal for free and advise on the best course of action.
Administrative Review – Home Office or Immigration Rules can be challenged if the decision-maker failed to follow them correctly.
Judicial Review – If your application was denied illegally, unreasonable or procedurally improperly, our immigration lawyers can apply for Judicial Review and represent you at the Judicial Review hearing.
Appeal an Unfair Decision – The decision to refuse your application may provide you with a right of appeal to the First Tier Tribunal. Our expert lawyers can advise you on and handle Appeals before the Immigration & Asylum Chamber (First Tier & Upper Tribunal)
Years specialising in immigration law
Work Visa applications handled
Success rate for work visa applications
Work Visa application turnaround time
How can UK Immigration Solicitors help me?
We provide global assistance to clients all around the world remotely which means in most cases, you never need to visit us in person for us to provide you with expert legal assistance.
We are a multi award winning, nationwide, fully regulated law firm and are widely recognised as being the UK’s #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm.
We offer easy to understand, fixed fee services and comprehensive representation so you, the client knows exactly what to expect and have full peace of mind about how much our service costs without worrying about unexpected further fees.
We offer free initial assessments for all cases so if you have some questions, want to make sure you qualify or just want to understand the process and associated costs, get in touch with us now by phone or online enquiry and take the first proactive step in your immigration journey today.
Immigration is a constantly changing and complex area and government application fees are rising each year, so it is important you seek expert advice and assistance to ensure that you are fully clear on what to do, when and why.
We are the original and still the best! Proud to be the UK’s #1 Immigration Law Firm.
Minister of Religion Visa (Tier 2)
At UK Immigration Solicitors, we are passionate about all thing’s immigration. As a multi award winning nationwide law firm, we are proud to offer a truly global service. We have assisted clients from more than 120 countries over the last 10 years. We are proud to innovate and lead the immigration law industry.
Back in 2012, after carefully listening to the frustrations of clients who could not find reliable immigration advice online, we pioneered the provision of legal representation for immigration cases online. This was a revolutionary transition and since our innovations, there have been a whole multitude of online immigration service providers.
UK Immigration Solicitors are immensely proud of our reputation and our ability to deliver a truly global, comprehensive service to our clients without the need for them to step foot outside of the comfort of their own home in most cases.
Our Tried & Tested Comprehensive Representation Process for Successful Outcomes
We provide everything for one fixed, transparent fee - no unpleasent surprises!
See how we compare against 2096 other nationwide UK Immigration Law Firms
Independent results by trust platform Review Selectors
Taken from reviewsolicitor.co.uk (11.04.2023)
Value for Money
- This Firm 91% 91%
- National Average 55% 55%
Would Recommend to Friend
- This Firm 94% 94%
- National Average 66% 66%
Satisfied with outcome
- This Firm 92% 92%
- National Average 69% 69%
Value For Money
Doesn’t Seem Like This Is The Right Visa Type For You?
UK Immigration Solicitors Can Assist With All UK Visa Types, Challenges, Extensions And Appeals So Whatever You’re Looking For, We Have You Covered!
It Covers options for the following
It Covers options for the following
It Covers options for the following
- Arts and Culture
- Film and Television
- Fashion Design
- Digital Technology
- Science, Engineering, Humanities and Medicine
EEA & Family
It Covers options for the following
- Family Permit
- Settled Status
- Pre-settled Status
- Derivative Rights of Residence
We have helped people from more than 100 countries get a UK visa without them leaving their homes!
We can help you get a visa from the comfort of your own home wherever you are in the world.
Speak to our friendly expert team now to see how we can help you live, work or study in the UK. Call now 0203 484 4389
What Clients Say About Us and Our Services
Great service all round. They were very helpful with my family's entry visa and gave solid advice towards securing my kids UK citizenship. Faheem Hasam always made himself available to respond to queries and offered advise whenever asked for.
I really appreciate the service and the response and the friendly team who deal with my case and specially Mr Talal talha . He is such a great person and professional. I highly recommend this great solicitor's.
Alanta has been very helpful since day one. The application process went smoothly. It was easy communicating with her and she answered all our questions. We can't thank her enough for the amazing job she did.
On Average, 98% Of Our Clients Would Recommend UK Immigration Solicitors To Their Friends & Family
*(Across All Review Platforms)*
How we work in 3 simple steps
UK Immigration Solicitors?
We are professional Solicitors here to help you with your immigration needs
What is the benefit of using UK Immigration Solicitors?
Immigration rules are complex and subject to regular changes and revisions. This itself presents problems as it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of and have complied with any changes to the routes, processes and evidence requirements.
Failure to meet strict rules is likely to result in the application being refused which, in turn, is likely have an emotional and financial strain on you and your family.
It is our job to ensure we are fully aware of the latest immigration rules, policies and procedures. We don’t leave matters to chance. Once you become a client of ours, we explain our strategy and tell you exactly how we propose to get you the right result. We will pinpoint the positives and negatives of your circumstances and explain where issues may arise and what would need to be done to fix them. We provide step by step guidance and advice throughout the entire process professionally. Our vast experience allows us to foresee problems before they arise and pro-actively adopt a strategic action plan.
Our legal fees are always agreed and fixed with you right at the beginning of your case, so you have complete peace of mind and control over the costs to ensure there are no restrictions or unpleasant surprises.
There are many online agencies, advisors and marketing companies who claim to be immigration experts but, provide very little expertise.
Let us be very clear here, if you are paying for someone just to fill in the forms for you, you should think about how you can put that money to better use and avoid gambling with your future by using inexperienced and ineffective companies.
We are a fully regulated nationwide, multi award winning law firm that specialises in immigration. Having more than 60 years of combined expertise and having handled more than 8,000 cases we have unrivalled experience and expertise to ensure you get the right result first time around – Don’t take our word for it though, check out our reviews to see why our clients trust us with their futures. We are rated 5* across the board and 98% of our clients have confirmed that they would recommend us to others.
We have illustrated our typical scope of service below so you can understand what we do for you as paid of our service:
- Our immigration specialists carry out a free detailed assessment with you to understand your circumstances and needs.
- The collated information is then reviewed by a senior immigration solicitor who will have no less than 8 years’ immigration experience.
- Based on the information collected, the senior solicitor will then confirm what your options are and will also confirm if we are able to help you.
- We will offer you an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation for us to handle your entire case until initial conclusion without obligation.
- If we have officially taken your instructions, we will create a client file for you and collect detailed initial information.
- We will then ensure you receive a personalised one-to-one legal consultation with a senior immigration solicitor who will take your full instructions by exploring your circumstances in detail and advise you on the best way to meet your objectives. The solicitor will explain the relevant legislations and provide you with advice on the steps that we would need to take to get a successful result.
- The senior solicitor who carried out your legal consultation will then send you detailed written legal advice explaining everything that needs to be done and which documents will be required as part of the process. We will tell you about any problem areas and formulate a strategy to overcome/mitigate these.
- We will carefully review any documents that you have provided in support of the application. These documents are then validated and formatted to ensure that they meet the UKVI specified evidence requirements. Where they do not, we will explain what needs to be done to address the issues.
- Where required, we will prepare any necessary written legal arguments or representations that are required to support your application and gain an approval. Often, we may be required to make discretionary submissions.
- We will complete a draft application and share this with you to ensure that all parties are happy with the representations that will be submitted to the Home Office.
- We advise you on what application processing routes are available. In some cases, there are fast track or premium processing routes available. We may be required to book a Home Office appointment on your behalf. Will also be able to confirm typical processing times for any processing centre in the world. We explain all options, routes and fees comprehensively allowing you to make the best choice.
- We lodge the application on your behalf using our secure authenticated processes. Whilst your application is pending, we continue to ensure you receive maximum legal protection and ensure that your rights and allowances are upheld throughout the processing stage. We ensure that you are aware of and remain compliant with the immigration rules and regulations during this period. We will also keep you updated on the progress of your matter.
- If any follow up work is required in response to any queries raised by the UKVI, we will also deal with these as part of the comprehensive service.
- We secure a decision on your matter and further advise you on the relevant implications of that decision. If required, we will also confirm if any secondary applications are required and brief you on the necessary process and procedure for those also.
Why should you use Immigration Solicitors to help me?
Here are just some of the reasons to choose us:
- We are the UK’s #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm
- We are a fully SRA regulated law firm so you are working directly with our in house legal team
- No agencies, middlemen or outsourcing
- We have achieved 99% success rate across all application types
- We have a 24 hour helpline that operates 7 days a week – 365 days a year
- We have multiple offices across the UK but 90% of our clients are not required to visit in person
- We have more than 60 years combined immigration expertise
- Our team have handled more than 8,000 cases
- We offer a free initial assessment which will explain your options and check your eligibility for your chosen route
- We operate a 100% Agreed Fixed Fee model with all fees fixed and agreed before work is started
- 98% of our clients would recommend us to family & friends
- Our average rating is 4.6/5 across major review platforms (based on over 2000 reviews).
What is Free Needs Assessment?
The assessor will establish why you are calling and what you are looking for assistance with. The assessor will ask you a series of questions to determine your circumstances in relation to your objectives.
The assessment is 100% private and confidential. As we are a private law firm, we work with our clients to overturn Government decisions daily. We do not share any information with any third party.
Although the assessor will be a trained immigration specialist, they are not solicitors and therefore will not give you detailed legal advice or guidance.
If you want to establish what your options are and the best way forward for you, your assessor will collate the necessary information and then speak with one of the resident senior solicitors at the firm to determine what your options are, if and how we could assist and confirm whether we would be prepared to take your case. If we can assist, you will be provided with an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation which is a single legal fee to cover the firms cost of representation agreed from the outset and binding for all parties.
The free assessment is no obligation and you are merely given clarity on your position and options to move forward.
If you have a complex matter or require legal advice regarding a specific issue, you will most likely require a legal consultation.
This is a separate service and is chargeable at the prevailing rates.
Please note, UK Immigration Solicitors are a private law firm and are not part of the Government. We do not accept legal aid instructions. Although we are happy to assist genuine callers, we are not a directory service and sadly are unable to provide you with Government telephone numbers.
What do you want to do next?
Did we manage to give you everything that you were looking for today?
On average, our website receives more than 50,000 visitors each month so we want to make sure we are doing all we can to give you the very best information!
Please help by completing this form, or learn more here: