UK Child Student Visa

A kid from another country may study at a school in the United Kingdom if they meet the requirements of the kid-student route.

If you need assistance with your school visa application, consult with knowledgeable UK immigration solicitors. We are able to handle every aspect of your application.

If you need help right now, dial 02033844389.

"*" indicates required fields

How can we help you today?

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
How can we help you today?

Tier 4 (Child) student visas Explained by the UK's #1 Immigration Law Firm

You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student visa if you’re aged between 4 and 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK.

You must also:

There will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens living in the UK until 2021. You and your family can apply for ‘settled status’ to continue living in the UK after June 2021. The scheme will open fully by March 2019.

Speak to our assessment team now to confirm your eligibility and options for free on 02033844389.

How Long It Will Take?

The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before you start your course.

You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

How Long You Can Stay?

Your age and the length of your course of study will affect how long you can stay.

Age when you applyHow long you can stay
Under 16Course length (up to 6 years) plus 4 months afterwards
16 or 17Course length (up to 3 years) plus 4 months afterwards

You can arrive in the UK:

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.


You must have:

You can do a short course to prepare you for your main course, such as pre-sessional study.

You cannot do a foundation course that will prepare you for direct entry to a higher education institution.

Confirmation of acceptance for studies

Your education provider will send you a reference number called a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) once they’ve offered you a place on a course. You’ll need to enter this on your application.

YourCAS can cover both the pre-sessional course and your main course of study.

You must apply for your visa no later than 6 months after you’re sent the CAS.

What You Can And Can't Do?

You can:

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Documents You Must Provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.

Your documents will usually be sent back within 14 days.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Extend Your Visa

You may be able to apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Tier 4 (Child) visa.

You must:

When to Apply

You must apply:

Switch To This Visa

You may be able to change (‘switch’) from another visa to a Tier 4 (Child) visa.

When to Apply

You must apply:

You can stay in the UK until you get your decision.

What Happens Next

You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, for example because:

Our Services

Spouse visa, Fiancé Visa, Civil Partner Visa
Child Dependent Visa, Adult Dependent Relative Visa
ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain), Visa Extensions, ILR through Domestic Violence
Retaining Rights of Residents, Settlement Status
Appeal a Decision , Challenge a Refusal, Judicial Review, Administration Review
Denied Entry , Deportation, Legal Representation, Detention & Bail
UK Business Expansion, UK Start-up Visa
UK Investor Visa, UK Self Sponsorship Visa,UK Sole Representative Visa
UK Visit Visas, Business Visit Visa
Visit Visa For marriage & Civil Partnership, Medical Treatment Visitor Visa
Skilled Worker Visas, Graduate Visa
Domestic Worker in Private Household Visa
Student Visa, Child Student Visa