Student & Graduate Visa
This visa type is suitable if you;
Are already in the UK and holding valid leave under the tier 4 student category / Have spent a minimum amount of time as a student in the UK / Have completed a qualifying UK bachelor's, postgraduate or a professional course.
"*" indicates required fields
UK Graduate Visa
UK Graduate Visas allow international students who have completed an eligible degree in the UK to work in the UK for two years after they have graduated (three years for doctoral students).
There is no direct pathway to settlement for graduates on the UK Graduate Visa, but they can switch to other work-based routes to get to settlement.
4.6 / 5 – 509 Reviews
4.9 / 5 – 484 Reviews
4.9 / 5 – 362 Reviews
4.7 / 5 – 98 Reviews
4.7 / 5 – 1134 Reviews
Immigration routes and rules are constantly changing in line with UK government guidelines. UK Immigration Solicitors strive to ensure that they are always well informed about any changes and how they may affect you and your next steps.
We Can Help You With Your
- Make a new application, apply for your dependents to join you, wish to extend your visa, become settled or challenge an unfair decision…
- UK Immigration Solicitors can provide you with expert advice, guidance and legal representation to meet your needs.
- Unsure about whether your plans would meet the requirements or whether you are likely to face any challenges?
- We can assess your individual circumstances and confirm what your options are through a free case assessment.
- UK Immigration Solicitors can ensure that your chances of success are maximised by handling your entire application remotely.
- We provide a fully digital service, and you never have to visit our offices for 9/10 immigration cases.
- We are an award-winning law firm that specialises in all types of UK immigration cases, and we offer a transparent, fixed fee service to handle your entire case.
Get Help From Our
Graduate Visa Lawyers Now
Who is eligible for the UK Graduate Visa?
UK Visas & Immigration requires the following requirements in order to grant you a UK Graduate Visa:
- A UK degree or other course that is eligible has been successfully completed by you;
- Your studies were at a Higher Education Provider which is a student sponsor with a track record of compliance;
- As a student, you have held permission to study the relevant qualification in the UK for a minimum period of time;
- As of the date of application, you have valid leave as a student or Tier 4 student in the UK;
- A doctorate extension scheme (DES), or graduate route, has never been granted to you before;
- there is no reason to refuse you based on your suitability.
You may have to meet different requirements depending on your situation. To ensure that any mistakes can be identified, and a solid strategy can be developed and implemented, you must seek professional advice and guidance as soon as possible.
What Courses are Eligible?
Applicants who wish to extend their stay under the Graduate Immigration Route must have a degree at UK undergraduate or postgraduate level, or have studied a professional course at UK undergraduate or postgraduate level in a profession with reserved activities that is regulated by UK law or public authority.
You can also apply for a UK Graduate Visa if you have been sponsored to work as a Student Union Sabbatical Officer following the completion of an eligible qualification in your most recent grant of permission to study.
How Long Must I Hold Permission as a Student for to Qualify?
In order to qualify for a UK UK Graduate Visa, you must have held student permission in the UK for a minimum period of time, whilst studying the relevant qualification. The duration of your permission as a Student will depend on the length of your course.
In order to complete a course lasting 12 months or less, you will need to hold Student permission during the entire course in the UK.
It is required that you have studied in the UK for at least 12 months on the Student route if your course lasted more than 12 months.
Do I need a Certificate of Sponsorship? (Cos)
UK Graduate Visa applicants are not required to have a job offer or a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) to apply.
What are the Applicable Rules and Conditions of a UK Graduate Visa?
The UK Graduate Visa provides you with the flexibility to explore your career options, work, or seek employment while you are in the UK. Self-employment or starting your own business is also permitted.
You can pursue any type of work in the UK with a UK Graduate Visa, including:
- Employment, whether paid or unpaid;
- Being self-employed;
- conducting business or other professional activities.
There is no restriction on a UK Graduate Visa holder’s ability to work except for the prohibition of working as a professional athlete.
The UK Graduate Visa restricts the participation of UK Graduate Visa holders in professional sport (including coaching). However, amateur sports are permissible. The Immigration Rules define an amateur as someone who engages in a sport or creative activity solely for their own enjoyment and who is not seeking to earn a living from it.
Working is entirely optional.
A UK Graduate Visa does not require you to work. Graduating students who have successfully completed an eligible UK qualification can apply for, and apply for, work in the UK through the Graduate Immigration route. Therefore, you do not need a job offer or a Certificate of Sponsorship to apply, and you are not required to work while in the UK on a UK Graduate Visa.
No maximum or minimum number of hours are specified in the conditions of the UK Graduate Visa. In other words, the route allows for complete flexibility when it comes to working arrangements and even allows you to work for more than one company.
Choose not to work?
The UK Graduate Visa does not include any conditions that require you to work or find employment. UK Graduate Visas are not a pathway to permanent residency in the UK, and they cannot be extended after the two- (or three-) year period. Therefore, you will be required to leave the UK at the end of this grant of leave, or apply to switch to another immigration route, if you qualify to do so, before the grant of leave expires.
Want to study?
It is possible to study on this route, but it is not permitted to study with an education provider that is a Student Sponsor and that meets the approved qualification and level of study requirements. In order to enroll in one of these courses, you must obtain a student’s leave. You can only take leave once in the Graduate route, so there is no benefit to doing so in any case. For this reason, it is beneficial to first apply to study in the UK as a student, then switch to the UK Graduate Visa at a later date if further study is desired.
Unless your chosen course qualifies for a Student Visa, you can study.
Can my accompanying family work whilst in the UK?
If a family member is already a dependent of a Student, then they can switch from being a dependant to a Graduate dependant when the Student extends their stay on the UK Graduate Visa Route. A dependent child born in the UK during a period of Student or Graduate leave does not qualify for a UK Graduate Visa, except in the case of a dependent child who had not previously been the dependant of a Student.
People who are granted leave as dependents of a UK Graduate Visa holder may work in the UK, except as professional sportspeople (including sports coaches).
Can my accompanying family study whilst in the UK?
Those who are granted leave as dependents of a UK Graduate Visa holder are permitted to study in the UK (so long as they are older than 18 when they begin their studies, and the ATAS condition of Appendix ATAS applies).
How Long Does a UK Graduate Visa Last?
UK Graduate Visa applicants with a bachelor’s or master’s degree can stay in the UK for up to two years after obtaining their visa. Doctoral students may stay for three years in the UK.
The Graduate Immigration Route does not allow extensions of stay.
Does the UK Graduate Visa offer a pathway to Settlement?
Settlement or indefinite leave to remain cannot be obtained directly from the UK Graduate Visa. On the other hand, once you are on the Graduate Immigration Route, you will be able to extend your stay by switching to other work-based pathways, such as the Skilled Worker route, the Global Talent route, or the Innovator route, all of which can lead to settlement. Applicants must meet the requirements of the route.
Does the UK Graduate Visa allow my Family to Extend their Stay?
When you apply to enter the UK Graduate Visa Route, family members living in the UK already have permission to remain in the UK as your dependents may extend their stay.
Dependent children are not permitted on this route, except if they were born in the UK during a period of student or graduate leave.
How can UK Immigration Solicitors help me with My UK Graduate Visa?
Our expert legal team are highly experienced in assisting with the below services (where the option has been made available by UKVI and is considered appropriate)
New Applications – We can help you assess the merits, challenges and solutions to any issues arising whilst making a new application for a UK Graduate Visa
Dependents – We can help you make a successful application for your partner or children to join you as your dependents on your UK Graduate Visa.
Legal Representations – Where applicable, if you find yourself in an unusual or challenging situation and want the Home Office to take notice of your special circumstances to ensure that you are treated fairly and your rights are respected, our expert team can make both oral and written persuasive legal representations.
Challenge a Refusal – If your application has been refused, we can consider your refusal for free and advise on the best course of action.
Administrative Review – Home Office or Immigration Rules can be challenged if the decision-maker failed to follow them correctly.
Judicial Review – If your application was denied illegally, unreasonable or procedurally improperly, our immigration lawyers can apply for Judicial Review and represent you at the Judicial Review hearing.
Appeal an Unfair Decision – The decision to refuse your application may provide you with a right of appeal to the First Tier Tribunal. Our expert lawyers can advise you on and handle Appeals before the Immigration & Asylum Chamber (First Tier & Upper Tribunal)
Years specialising in immigration law
Student Visa applications handled
Success rate for student visa applications
Student Visa application turnaround time
How can UK Immigration Solicitors help me?
We provide global assistance to clients all around the world remotely which means in most cases, you never need to visit us in person for us to provide you with expert legal assistance.
We are a multi award winning, nationwide, fully regulated law firm and are widely recognised as being the UK’s #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm.
We offer easy to understand, fixed fee services and comprehensive representation so you, the client knows exactly what to expect and have full peace of mind about how much our service costs without worrying about unexpected further fees.
We offer free initial assessments for all cases so if you have some questions, want to make sure you qualify or just want to understand the process and associated costs, get in touch with us now by phone or online enquiry and take the first proactive step in your immigration journey today.
Immigration is a constantly changing and complex area and government application fees are rising each year, so it is important you seek expert advice and assistance to ensure that you are fully clear on what to do, when and why.
We are the original and still the best! Proud to be the UK’s #1 Immigration Law Firm.
At UK Immigration Solicitors, we are passionate about all thing’s immigration. As a multi award winning nationwide law firm, we are proud to offer a truly global service. We have assisted clients from more than 120 countries over the last 10 years. We are proud to innovate and lead the immigration law industry.
Back in 2012, after carefully listening to the frustrations of clients who could not find reliable immigration advice online, we pioneered the provision of legal representation for immigration cases online. This was a revolutionary transition and since our innovations, there have been a whole multitude of online immigration service providers.
UK Immigration Solicitors are immensely proud of our reputation and our ability to deliver a truly global, comprehensive service to our clients without the need for them to step foot outside of the comfort of their own home in most cases.
Our Tried & Tested Comprehensive Representation Process for Successful Outcomes
We provide everything for one fixed, transparent fee - no unpleasent surprises!
See how we compare against 2096 other nationwide UK Immigration Law Firms
Independent results by trust platform Review Selectors
Taken from reviewsolicitor.co.uk (11.04.2023)
Value for Money
- This Firm 91% 91%
- National Average 55% 55%
Would Recommend to Friend
- This Firm 94% 94%
- National Average 66% 66%
Satisfied with outcome
- This Firm 92% 92%
- National Average 69% 69%
Value For Money
Doesn’t Seem Like This Is The Right Visa Type For You?
UK Immigration Solicitors Can Assist With All UK Visa Types, Challenges, Extensions And Appeals So Whatever You’re Looking For, We Have You Covered!
It Covers options for the following
It Covers options for the following
It Covers options for the following
- Arts and Culture
- Film and Television
- Fashion Design
- Digital Technology
- Science, Engineering, Humanities and Medicine
EEA & Family
It Covers options for the following
- Family Permit
- Settled Status
- Pre-settled Status
- Derivative Rights of Residence
We have helped people from more than 100 countries get a UK visa without them leaving their homes!
We can help you get a visa from the comfort of your own home wherever you are in the world.
Speak to our friendly expert team now to see how we can help you live, work or study in the UK. Call now 0203 484 4389
What Clients Say About Us and Our Services
Great service all round. They were very helpful with my family's entry visa and gave solid advice towards securing my kids UK citizenship. Faheem Hasam always made himself available to respond to queries and offered advise whenever asked for.
I really appreciate the service and the response and the friendly team who deal with my case and specially Mr Talal talha . He is such a great person and professional. I highly recommend this great solicitor's.
Alanta has been very helpful since day one. The application process went smoothly. It was easy communicating with her and she answered all our questions. We can't thank her enough for the amazing job she did.
On Average, 98% Of Our Clients Would Recommend UK Immigration Solicitors To Their Friends & Family
*(Across All Review Platforms)*
How we work in 3 simple steps
UK Immigration Solicitors?
We are professional Solicitors here to help you with your immigration needs
What is the benefit of using UK Immigration Solicitors?
Immigration rules are complex and subject to regular changes and revisions. This itself presents problems as it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of and have complied with any changes to the routes, processes and evidence requirements.
Failure to meet strict rules is likely to result in the application being refused which, in turn, is likely have an emotional and financial strain on you and your family.
It is our job to ensure we are fully aware of the latest immigration rules, policies and procedures. We don’t leave matters to chance. Once you become a client of ours, we explain our strategy and tell you exactly how we propose to get you the right result. We will pinpoint the positives and negatives of your circumstances and explain where issues may arise and what would need to be done to fix them. We provide step by step guidance and advice throughout the entire process professionally. Our vast experience allows us to foresee problems before they arise and pro-actively adopt a strategic action plan.
Our legal fees are always agreed and fixed with you right at the beginning of your case, so you have complete peace of mind and control over the costs to ensure there are no restrictions or unpleasant surprises.
There are many online agencies, advisors and marketing companies who claim to be immigration experts but, provide very little expertise.
Let us be very clear here, if you are paying for someone just to fill in the forms for you, you should think about how you can put that money to better use and avoid gambling with your future by using inexperienced and ineffective companies.
We are a fully regulated nationwide, multi award winning law firm that specialises in immigration. Having more than 60 years of combined expertise and having handled more than 8,000 cases we have unrivalled experience and expertise to ensure you get the right result first time around – Don’t take our word for it though, check out our reviews to see why our clients trust us with their futures. We are rated 5* across the board and 98% of our clients have confirmed that they would recommend us to others.
We have illustrated our typical scope of service below so you can understand what we do for you as paid of our service:
- Our immigration specialists carry out a free detailed assessment with you to understand your circumstances and needs.
- The collated information is then reviewed by a senior immigration solicitor who will have no less than 8 years’ immigration experience.
- Based on the information collected, the senior solicitor will then confirm what your options are and will also confirm if we are able to help you.
- We will offer you an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation for us to handle your entire case until initial conclusion without obligation.
- If we have officially taken your instructions, we will create a client file for you and collect detailed initial information.
- We will then ensure you receive a personalised one-to-one legal consultation with a senior immigration solicitor who will take your full instructions by exploring your circumstances in detail and advise you on the best way to meet your objectives. The solicitor will explain the relevant legislations and provide you with advice on the steps that we would need to take to get a successful result.
- The senior solicitor who carried out your legal consultation will then send you detailed written legal advice explaining everything that needs to be done and which documents will be required as part of the process. We will tell you about any problem areas and formulate a strategy to overcome/mitigate these.
- We will carefully review any documents that you have provided in support of the application. These documents are then validated and formatted to ensure that they meet the UKVI specified evidence requirements. Where they do not, we will explain what needs to be done to address the issues.
- Where required, we will prepare any necessary written legal arguments or representations that are required to support your application and gain an approval. Often, we may be required to make discretionary submissions.
- We will complete a draft application and share this with you to ensure that all parties are happy with the representations that will be submitted to the Home Office.
- We advise you on what application processing routes are available. In some cases, there are fast track or premium processing routes available. We may be required to book a Home Office appointment on your behalf. Will also be able to confirm typical processing times for any processing centre in the world. We explain all options, routes and fees comprehensively allowing you to make the best choice.
- We lodge the application on your behalf using our secure authenticated processes. Whilst your application is pending, we continue to ensure you receive maximum legal protection and ensure that your rights and allowances are upheld throughout the processing stage. We ensure that you are aware of and remain compliant with the immigration rules and regulations during this period. We will also keep you updated on the progress of your matter.
- If any follow up work is required in response to any queries raised by the UKVI, we will also deal with these as part of the comprehensive service.
- We secure a decision on your matter and further advise you on the relevant implications of that decision. If required, we will also confirm if any secondary applications are required and brief you on the necessary process and procedure for those also.
Why should you use Immigration Solicitors to help me?
Here are just some of the reasons to choose us:
- We are the UK’s #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm
- We are a fully SRA regulated law firm so you are working directly with our in house legal team
- No agencies, middlemen or outsourcing
- We have achieved 99% success rate across all application types
- We have a 24 hour helpline that operates 7 days a week – 365 days a year
- We have multiple offices across the UK but 90% of our clients are not required to visit in person
- We have more than 60 years combined immigration expertise
- Our team have handled more than 8,000 cases
- We offer a free initial assessment which will explain your options and check your eligibility for your chosen route
- We operate a 100% Agreed Fixed Fee model with all fees fixed and agreed before work is started
- 98% of our clients would recommend us to family & friends
- Our average rating is 4.6/5 across major review platforms (based on over 2000 reviews).
What is Free Needs Assessment?
The assessor will establish why you are calling and what you are looking for assistance with. The assessor will ask you a series of questions to determine your circumstances in relation to your objectives.
The assessment is 100% private and confidential. As we are a private law firm, we work with our clients to overturn Government decisions daily. We do not share any information with any third party.
Although the assessor will be a trained immigration specialist, they are not solicitors and therefore will not give you detailed legal advice or guidance.
If you want to establish what your options are and the best way forward for you, your assessor will collate the necessary information and then speak with one of the resident senior solicitors at the firm to determine what your options are, if and how we could assist and confirm whether we would be prepared to take your case. If we can assist, you will be provided with an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation which is a single legal fee to cover the firms cost of representation agreed from the outset and binding for all parties.
The free assessment is no obligation and you are merely given clarity on your position and options to move forward.
If you have a complex matter or require legal advice regarding a specific issue, you will most likely require a legal consultation.
This is a separate service and is chargeable at the prevailing rates.
Please note, UK Immigration Solicitors are a private law firm and are not part of the Government. We do not accept legal aid instructions. Although we are happy to assist genuine callers, we are not a directory service and sadly are unable to provide you with Government telephone numbers.
What do you want to do next?
Did we manage to give you everything that you were looking for today?
On average, our website receives more than 50,000 visitors each month so we want to make sure we are doing all we can to give you the very best information!
Please help by completing this form, or learn more here: