Family Member of a PBS Migrant Visa
Partner & Family Visa
This visa type is suitable if you;
Have a husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, same sex partner or child who is currently in the UK as qualifying migrant under the points-based system and you want to join your UK family member.
"*" indicates required fields
Family Member of a PBS Migrant Visa
Partner or child of a points-based system migrant may qualify for this visa category and enter and remain in the UK with their family member.
The applicant must be the spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, partner of the same sex, or child of a PBS migrant (under the age of 18 at the time of filing).
4.6 / 5 – 509 Reviews
4.9 / 5 – 484 Reviews
4.9 / 5 – 362 Reviews
4.7 / 5 – 98 Reviews
4.7 / 5 – 1134 Reviews
Immigration routes and rules are constantly changing in line with UK government guidelines. UK Immigration Solicitors strive to ensure that they are always well informed about any changes and how they may affect you and your next steps.
We Can Help You With Your
Family Member of a PBS Migrant Visa
- Make a new application, apply for your dependents to join you, wish to extend your visa, become settled or challenge an unfair decision…
- UK Immigration Solicitors can provide you with expert advice, guidance and legal representation to meet your needs.
- Unsure about whether your plans would meet the requirements or whether you are likely to face any challenges?
- We can assess your individual circumstances and confirm what your options are through a free case assessment.
- UK Immigration Solicitors can ensure that your chances of success are maximised by handling your entire application remotely.
- We provide a fully digital service, and you never have to visit our offices for 9/10 immigration cases.
- We are an award-winning law firm that specialises in all types of UK immigration cases, and we offer a transparent, fixed fee service to handle your entire case.
Get Help From Our
Family Member of a PBS Migrant Visa Lawyers Now
Who is eligible for the Family Member of a PBS Migrant Visa?
UK Visas & Immigration requires the following requirements in order to grant you an Family Member of a PBS Migrant Visa:
- You are over 18 years of age;
- You have a spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, or same-sex partner who is a PBS migrant, or who is being granted PBS leave at the same time as a PBS migrant, or who gained British citizenship after obtaining PBS leave;
- Having lived in a relationship similar to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years if you are the unmarried or same-sex partner of a PBS migrant;
- In the UK, you intend to live together with the PBS migrant throughout his or her stay;
- You do not intend to stay in the UK longer than the period of leave granted to PBS migrants;
- Unless the PBS migrant is a Tier 1 Investor migrant, you must have maintenance funds;
- You have not been granted entry clearance or leave as a visitor, short-term student, temporary admission or temporary release before applying for leave to remain;
- You have to provide a criminal record certificate from the relevant authority of any country where you have resided for 12 months or more in the past 10 years while over 18 and applying for entry as a partner of a Tier 1 Investor or Tier 1 Entrepreneur.
UK Visas and Immigration must be satisfied that the child of a PBS migrant has the following characteristics:
- You are the child of a PBS migrant, a PBS migrant receiving leave (including a visa for ILR) at the same time, or the child of a PBS migrant who has ILR under the rules for Tier 1, 2 or 5;
- You are under the age of 18 on the date of application, unless you are applying for leave to remain and were last granted leave as the child of a PBS migrant or the child of a migrant granted leave under a different category of the rules who has since been granted leave as a PBS migrant or who is applying for leave as a PBS migrant at the same time;
- No marriage or civil union, no independent family unit, no independent lifestyle;
- You do not intend to stay in the UK beyond any period of leave granted to the PBS migrant;
- You have both of your parents lawfully present in the UK, or they are both in the process of obtaining a visa or leave to remain together, unless:
- your sole surviving parent is a PBS migrant;
- You have and will have sole responsibility for your upbringing as a PBS migrant;
- In addition, considerations related to your family or other circumstances make it desirable not to deny the application, and suitable arrangements have been made for your care in the UK;
- Maintaining funds is a requirement for PBS migrants (unless they are Tier 1 Investor migrants).
Depending on your circumstances, you may need to satisfy different requirements, so it is strongly advisable to confirm your eligibility in advance of making an application.
Other Considerations for PBS Migrant Visa Applicants
Families of PBS migrants will usually be allowed to stay in the country until the migrant’s leave expires. Unlike the PBS migrant, you will be granted three years of leave. If necessary, you can apply for further leave to make sure your stay meets the qualifying period.
As long as their existing PBS leave is valid, dependents of main migrants can remain in the UK.
In order to apply for indefinite leave to remain, partners of PBS migrants granted leave must satisfy a 180-day residency requirement as of 11 January 2018. By examining absences on a rolling basis, the Home Office will no longer consider absences in separate 12-month periods.
As a family member of a PBS migrant, children over 18 who have not previously been granted leave are not eligible for this category. Likewise, other relatives, such as parents or grandparents, are not eligible for consideration in this category.
Can I Extend a PBS Migrant Visa?
Before your initial grant of leave as a Family Member of a PBS Migrant expires, you will need to apply to UK Visas and Immigration to extend your stay.
The requirements for further leave to remain in the UK as a family member of a PBS migrant are broadly the same as those that apply to initial applications in the family member of PBS migrant’s category. However, you will need to make sure that your application satisfies the relationship, intention and maintenance (if applicable) requirements again.
How Long Does it Take to get Settlement under the PBS Migrant Visa?
You must satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you are the partner of a PBS migrant in order to be granted indefinite leave to remain:
- Your partner is a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner of one who is currently on indefinite leave as a PBS migrant;
- It has been granted to you or you were granted it as the partner of a PBS migrant who is about to be granted indefinite leave;
- As part of a marriage or civil partnership with the PBS migrant in the UK, or in a relationship that is similar to a marriage or civil partnership:
- Under the rules in place before 9 July 2012, applications granted leave as the partner of a PBS migrant are eligible for two years of leave;
- Under the rules in place on or after 9 July 2012, applicants granted leave as a partner of a PBS migrant have 5 years left.
- There is an existing relationship between you and the PBS migrant, and you intend to live permanently with them as their spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner;
- During any rolling 12-month period, you have not spent more than 180 days outside the UK during periods of leave granted since 11 January 2018;
- Your knowledge of the language and lifestyle in the UK is sufficient.
The UK Visas and Immigration department requires the following proof in order to grant indefinite leave to remain for the child of a PBS migrant:
- You are either the child of a parent who:
- At the same time, the child receives ILR as a PBS migrant (for children granted leave as children of PBS migrants under the rules in place before 9 July 2012); or
- has been granted, or is at the same time being granted, ILR as a PBS migrant when:
- that parent is your sole surviving parent; or
- that parent has and has had sole responsibility for your upbringing; or
there are serious and compelling family or other considerations which would make it desirable not to refuse your application and suitable arrangements have been made for your care; or
- You have been granted, or are being granted, indefinite leave to remain as a partner of a PBS migrant who has indefinite leave to remain;
Having been granted, or is currently being granted, ILR as the partner of a British citizen (when immediately before that they had ILR as a PBS migrant);
- You have, or have last been granted, leave as the child of a PBS migrant or their partner, who is being granted indefinite leave or have been born to a PBS migrant who is being granted indefinite leave;
- If you are under the age of 18 on the date of your application, you may not meet the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirements.
What Can I Do About a PBS Migrant Visa Refusal?
We can advise you on the merits of making a fresh application or challenging the decision if your entry clearance, leave to remain or settlement application has been refused.
The Home Office or Immigration Rules can be challenged if the decision-maker failed to follow them correctly.
Our immigration barristers can provide representation at Judicial Review hearings if the decision to reject your application was unlawful, unreasonable or procedurally improper.
Years specialising in immigration law
Family Visa applications handled
Success rate for Family visa applications
Family Visa application turnaround time
How can UK Immigration Solicitors help me?
In addition to offering immigration services, our immigration lawyers assist individuals from around the world to obtain Family Member of a PBS Migrant Visas for the UK.
In order to obtain an Family Member of a PBS Migrant Visa, our immigration lawyers can be of assistance to you in assessing the merits of the application, overcoming challenges, assisting in preparing the application or representing you in challenging a decision to refuse an application.
Having a proactive approach to understanding and meeting the needs of our clients is something we take pride in. Our team is committed to providing clients with clear and reliable immigration advice within a professional and friendly environment.
By now you would have realised that when it comes to Family Member of a PBS Migrant Visas, we are the go-to experts.
We are the original and still the best! Proud to be the UK’s #1 Immigration Law Firm.
Family Member of a PBS Migrant Visa
At UK Immigration Solicitors, we are passionate about all thing’s immigration. As a multi award winning nationwide law firm, we are proud to offer a truly global service. We have assisted clients from more than 120 countries over the last 10 years. We are proud to innovate and lead the immigration law industry.
Back in 2012, after carefully listening to the frustrations of clients who could not find reliable immigration advice online, we pioneered the provision of legal representation for immigration cases online. This was a revolutionary transition and since our innovations, there have been a whole multitude of online immigration service providers.
UK Immigration Solicitors are immensely proud of our reputation and our ability to deliver a truly global, comprehensive service to our clients without the need for them to step foot outside of the comfort of their own home in most cases.
See how we compare against 2096 other nationwide UK Immigration Law Firms
Independent results by trust platform Review Selectors
Taken from reviewsolicitor.co.uk (11.04.2023)
Value for Money
- This Firm 91% 91%
- National Average 55% 55%
Would Recommend to Friend
- This Firm 94% 94%
- National Average 66% 66%
Satisfied with outcome
- This Firm 92% 92%
- National Average 69% 69%
Value For Money
Doesn’t Seem Like This Is The Right Visa Type For You?
UK Immigration Solicitors Can Assist With All UK Visa Types, Challenges, Extensions And Appeals So Whatever You’re Looking For, We Have You Covered!
What Clients Say About Us and Our Services
Great service all round. They were very helpful with my family's entry visa and gave solid advice towards securing my kids UK citizenship. Faheem Hasam always made himself available to respond to queries and offered advise whenever asked for.
I really appreciate the service and the response and the friendly team who deal with my case and specially Mr Talal talha . He is such a great person and professional. I highly recommend this great solicitor's.
Alanta has been very helpful since day one. The application process went smoothly. It was easy communicating with her and she answered all our questions. We can't thank her enough for the amazing job she did.
On Average, 98% Of Our Clients Would Recommend UK Immigration Solicitors To Their Friends & Family
*(Across All Review Platforms)*
How we work in 3 simple steps
UK Immigration Solicitors?
We are professional Solicitors here to help you with your immigration needs
What is the benefit of using UK Immigration Solicitors?
Immigration rules are complex and subject to regular changes and revisions. This itself presents problems as it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of and have complied with any changes to the routes, processes and evidence requirements.
Failure to meet strict rules is likely to result in the application being refused which, in turn, is likely have an emotional and financial strain on you and your family.
It is our job to ensure we are fully aware of the latest immigration rules, policies and procedures. We don’t leave matters to chance. Once you become a client of ours, we explain our strategy and tell you exactly how we propose to get you the right result. We will pinpoint the positives and negatives of your circumstances and explain where issues may arise and what would need to be done to fix them. We provide step by step guidance and advice throughout the entire process professionally. Our vast experience allows us to foresee problems before they arise and pro-actively adopt a strategic action plan.
Our legal fees are always agreed and fixed with you right at the beginning of your case, so you have complete peace of mind and control over the costs to ensure there are no restrictions or unpleasant surprises.
There are many online agencies, advisors and marketing companies who claim to be immigration experts but, provide very little expertise.
Let us be very clear here, if you are paying for someone just to fill in the forms for you, you should think about how you can put that money to better use and avoid gambling with your future by using inexperienced and ineffective companies.
We are a fully regulated nationwide, multi award winning law firm that specialises in immigration. Having more than 60 years of combined expertise and having handled more than 8,000 cases we have unrivalled experience and expertise to ensure you get the right result first time around – Don’t take our word for it though, check out our reviews to see why our clients trust us with their futures. We are rated 5* across the board and 98% of our clients have confirmed that they would recommend us to others.
We have illustrated our typical scope of service below so you can understand what we do for you as paid of our service:
- Our immigration specialists carry out a free detailed assessment with you to understand your circumstances and needs.
- The collated information is then reviewed by a senior immigration solicitor who will have no less than 8 years’ immigration experience.
- Based on the information collected, the senior solicitor will then confirm what your options are and will also confirm if we are able to help you.
- We will offer you an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation for us to handle your entire case until initial conclusion without obligation.
- If we have officially taken your instructions, we will create a client file for you and collect detailed initial information.
- We will then ensure you receive a personalised one-to-one legal consultation with a senior immigration solicitor who will take your full instructions by exploring your circumstances in detail and advise you on the best way to meet your objectives. The solicitor will explain the relevant legislations and provide you with advice on the steps that we would need to take to get a successful result.
- The senior solicitor who carried out your legal consultation will then send you detailed written legal advice explaining everything that needs to be done and which documents will be required as part of the process. We will tell you about any problem areas and formulate a strategy to overcome/mitigate these.
- We will carefully review any documents that you have provided in support of the application. These documents are then validated and formatted to ensure that they meet the UKVI specified evidence requirements. Where they do not, we will explain what needs to be done to address the issues.
- Where required, we will prepare any necessary written legal arguments or representations that are required to support your application and gain an approval. Often, we may be required to make discretionary submissions.
- We will complete a draft application and share this with you to ensure that all parties are happy with the representations that will be submitted to the Home Office.
- We advise you on what application processing routes are available. In some cases, there are fast track or premium processing routes available. We may be required to book a Home Office appointment on your behalf. Will also be able to confirm typical processing times for any processing centre in the world. We explain all options, routes and fees comprehensively allowing you to make the best choice.
- We lodge the application on your behalf using our secure authenticated processes. Whilst your application is pending, we continue to ensure you receive maximum legal protection and ensure that your rights and allowances are upheld throughout the processing stage. We ensure that you are aware of and remain compliant with the immigration rules and regulations during this period. We will also keep you updated on the progress of your matter.
- If any follow up work is required in response to any queries raised by the UKVI, we will also deal with these as part of the comprehensive service.
- We secure a decision on your matter and further advise you on the relevant implications of that decision. If required, we will also confirm if any secondary applications are required and brief you on the necessary process and procedure for those also.
Why should you use Immigration Solicitors to help me?
Here are just some of the reasons to choose us:
- We are the UK’s #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm
- We are a fully SRA regulated law firm so you are working directly with our in house legal team
- No agencies, middlemen or outsourcing
- We have achieved 99% success rate across all application types
- We have a 24 hour helpline that operates 7 days a week – 365 days a year
- We have multiple offices across the UK but 90% of our clients are not required to visit in person
- We have more than 60 years combined immigration expertise
- Our team have handled more than 8,000 cases
- We offer a free initial assessment which will explain your options and check your eligibility for your chosen route
- We operate a 100% Agreed Fixed Fee model with all fees fixed and agreed before work is started
- 98% of our clients would recommend us to family & friends
- Our average rating is 4.6/5 across major review platforms (based on over 2000 reviews).
What is Free Needs Assessment?
The assessor will establish why you are calling and what you are looking for assistance with. The assessor will ask you a series of questions to determine your circumstances in relation to your objectives.
The assessment is 100% private and confidential. As we are a private law firm, we work with our clients to overturn Government decisions daily. We do not share any information with any third party.
Although the assessor will be a trained immigration specialist, they are not solicitors and therefore will not give you detailed legal advice or guidance.
If you want to establish what your options are and the best way forward for you, your assessor will collate the necessary information and then speak with one of the resident senior solicitors at the firm to determine what your options are, if and how we could assist and confirm whether we would be prepared to take your case. If we can assist, you will be provided with an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation which is a single legal fee to cover the firms cost of representation agreed from the outset and binding for all parties.
The free assessment is no obligation and you are merely given clarity on your position and options to move forward.
If you have a complex matter or require legal advice regarding a specific issue, you will most likely require a legal consultation.
This is a separate service and is chargeable at the prevailing rates.
Please note, UK Immigration Solicitors are a private law firm and are not part of the Government. We do not accept legal aid instructions. Although we are happy to assist genuine callers, we are not a directory service and sadly are unable to provide you with Government telephone numbers.
What do you want to do next?
Did we manage to give you everything that you were looking for today?
On average, our website receives more than 50,000 visitors each month so we want to make sure we are doing all we can to give you the very best information!
Please help by completing this form, or learn more here: