UK Dependent Visa

The UK Dependent Visa enables the family members of those who are already residing on work visas in the UK to come & join them.

To get expert guidance on how to become eligible and also apply for a UK Dependency Visa contact one of our experienced solicitors today at 0203 384 4389.

"*" indicates required fields

How can we help you today?

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
How can we help you today?

What is a UK Dependent Visa?

The Tier 2 UK Dependent Visa lets certain family members with Tier 2 visas enter the UK and stay with the visa holder.

This visa option is also open to persons who have settled status in the form of indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship and have previously had a Tier 2 (or equivalent) visa.

It is important to note that Tier 2 UK Dependent visas are no longer available for new people and have been substituted by the Skilled Worker visa and the Health and Care Worker visa. As a result, the Tier 2 Dependent visa is sometimes referred to as:

However, the conditions for all of these visas are basically the same.

Eligibility Prerequisites for UK Dependent Visa Application

To become qualified for the UK Dependency visa you and your family have to fulfil the following conditions:

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Which Visas Allow Dependents to Apply?

As previously stated, the UK Tier 2 visa is no longer open to new candidates and has been replaced with a new set of visas.

However, holders of these outdated Tier 2 visas who are still in the country are still permitted to enter with their dependents. Among them are the following visas:

Foreigners who come to the UK on certain new visas can also bring their family members with them. This includes:

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Which Members of the Dependent Family Are Eligible?

The following family members may accompany an eligible Tier 2 or Skilled Worker visa holder into the United Kingdom:

Holders of Tier 2 or Skilled Worker visas are required to certify on their request that their relationship with their family members is authentic.

How May I Fulfil the Requirement of a Genuine Relationship?

The Home Office must be convinced that your relationship is real before granting you a UK Dependent visa, which allows you to enter the UK.

For instance, if you want to bring your spouse or partner to the UK, this could be in the form of a legally recognized marriage or civil partnership certificate. In order to be suitable for this visa, marriage, and civil partnerships must be legally recognized in the UK.

If you are not married, you need to show that you have been together for at least two years with your partner through convincing documentation. This could come in the form of joint utility bills or agreements for rentals.

If you’re applying for a Tier 2 Dependent visa for a child under 18, you need to show evidence that the child relies on you, your partner, or your spouse. This is because only family members who depend on you can qualify for this visa.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Financial Requirements for UK Dependent Visa

Holders of Tier 2 Dependent visas are not eligible to receive any benefits because they do not have access to government funds in the UK.

Therefore, when you arrive in the UK, you will have to show sufficient evidence that your family member there will be able to support you financially during your visit (or that you have access to such funds).

The following are the minimal financial requirements:

It will be your responsibility to prove that you or a member of your family has access to these funds for 28 of the 31 days before the date on which you apply for the visa. You can accomplish this by submitting a current, recent copy of your bank statement.

Be aware that if either of the following holds true, you won’t be required to present documentation proving you meet the financial requirements:

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

What Conditions Must Be Met For Dependent Children?

There are many standards and norms for dependent children, the majority of which are dependent on your unique circumstances and family arrangement.

One of the following needs to be true for a dependent child to be eligible for a Tier 2 Dependent visa:

The whole family, including one parent requesting a skilled worker visa (or similar) and the others applying as dependents, is submitting visa applications to the Home Office.

If both parents are in the UK and one or both have a special visa (like Tier 2), their child can apply from another country to join them as a dependent.

If one parent is already in the UK with a special visa and the other parent is applying from another country along with the child to join as dependents, that’s also possible.

However, exclusions may apply if any of the following conditions are met:

If one of these situations applies to you, you will need to include more supporting documents or evidence with your application to demonstrate that these situations relate to you.

Please take note that if the child requesting resides with the Tier 2 (or equivalent) visa holder, they will need to submit official correspondence from their college or university, a bank statement, a driver’s license, or an NHS registration certificate as proof of the child’s address.

How Can I Apply for a UK Dependent Visa?

Ways to Apply from Outside the UK

Apply for a UK Dependency Visa online via the website. To get this visa, you’ll need your family member’s special visa application number. It’ll come as a Global Web Form (GWF) or a Unique Application Number (UAN).

You must make sure that the online visa application is completed as completely as possible. In order to bolster your application, you will be required to attach a variety of supporting documents, such as ones attesting to the validity of your relationship with your family member.

You may also be asked to visit a local UK visa application center to provide biometric details. While your application is being processed, the local visa application centre may keep your identifying documents, such as your passport. Depending on the number of applications the centre has received and their current workload, you should hear back about your application within three weeks, but this may take more.

How to Submit an Application From Within the United Kingdom

To apply for a Tier 2 UK Dependent visa, go to the website.

If you currently reside in the UK, you might be able to convert from your existing visa to a Tier 2 Dependent visa if you apply and are approved prior to the current visa expiration.

However, keep in mind that if you are currently in the UK on any of the following, you will not be allowed to move to this visa:

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

With a Tier 2 Dependent Visa, what can I do?

You can do the following if you hold a UK Dependency visa:
You will be unable to

How Can UK Immigration Solicitors Help?

A common option for many visa applicants is to use a Tier 2 UK Dependency visa to enter the UK and join their spouse, partner, or parent.

If you have a family member who is currently in the UK on a suitable work visa and wants to travel to join them, UK Immigration Solicitors can assist you.

Our team of competent, expert, and experienced immigration solicitors has an outstanding record of helping individuals just like you in obtaining the permissions they need to enter the UK. We provide a comprehensive service that can optimize your chances of securing a visa to visit your relatives in the UK.

We can help you complete the application and make sure that every field is filled out as completely and precisely as possible. We can also assist you in gathering the necessary supporting documents to make the strongest possible case for the granting of your visa. After your visa is approved, we can accompany you with the relocation process.

Get in contact with us right now to find out more about the services we provide, what we can do for you, and more skilled worker-dependent advice. Contact us online or give us a call at 0203 384 4389.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Frequently Asked Questions

Most of the time, a child needs a visa in order to live in the UK. For instance, if their parent is a foreign national working or studying in the country, the child may need a Child Dependant Visa.

As long as the present visa of your family member remains valid, you are permitted to remain in the UK.

If your family member has 3 years and 6 months left on their visa when you apply, your Tier 2 Dependent visa will also be valid for 3 years and 6 months.

As long as you continue to meet the conditions for each of your individual visas, you are entitled to extend both your Tier 2 Dependent visa and your family member’s visa.

When applying for visas, UK Visas and Immigration have a priority service and a super-priority service that might be available for your application

Be aware that these will come with an extra cost of £500 or £800, depending on which one you select.

Quick Contact Form NHP (1)

Inline form for homepage

"*" indicates required fields

How can we help you today?

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Our Services

Partner Visas
Family Visas
Settlement Visas in UK
Settlement for EEA Nationals
Refusals & Appeals
Detention & Deportation
UK Sponsor License
UK Business Visas
Investment in the UK
UK Visit Visas
Other Visit Visas
Skilled Worker Visas
Other Work Visa
Student Visa