Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
Short Term Work Visa
This visa type is suitable if you;
Want to come to the UK for a period of up to 2 years / Are aged under 31 / Are a citizen from a qualifying country / Have no dependents
"*" indicates required fields
Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
You can apply for the Youth Mobility Scheme visa if you are a young adult from a participating country or territory and are planning to spend two years in the United Kingdom.
The Youth Mobility Scheme visa route is not open to dependents and it is not a route that leads directly to indefinite stay in the UK. Youth Mobility Scheme visa holders may, however, be able to switch into a route that leads to settlement in the UK from within the UK.
4.6 / 5 – 509 Reviews
4.9 / 5 – 484 Reviews
4.9 / 5 – 362 Reviews
4.7 / 5 – 98 Reviews
4.7 / 5 – 1134 Reviews
Immigration routes and rules are constantly changing in line with UK government guidelines. UK Immigration Solicitors strive to ensure that they are always well informed about any changes and how they may affect you and your next steps.
We Can Help You With Your
Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
- Make a new application, apply for your dependents to join you, wish to extend your visa, become settled or challenge an unfair decision…
- UK Immigration Solicitors can provide you with expert advice, guidance and legal representation to meet your needs.
- Unsure about whether your plans would meet the requirements or whether you are likely to face any challenges?
- We can assess your individual circumstances and confirm what your options are through a free case assessment.
- UK Immigration Solicitors can ensure that your chances of success are maximised by handling your entire application remotely.
- We provide a fully digital service, and you never have to visit our offices for 9/10 immigration cases.
- We are an award-winning law firm that specialises in all types of UK immigration cases, and we offer a transparent, fixed fee service to handle your entire case.
Get Help From Our
Youth Mobility Scheme Visa Lawyers Now
Who is eligible for the Youth Mobility Scheme?
UK Visas & Immigration requires the following requirements in order to grant you a High Potential Individual Visa:
In order to qualify for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas & Immigration that:
- On the date of application, you are between the ages of 18 and 30;
- If you are an Australian, Canadian, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japanese, Indian, Icelandic, Monaco, Taiwanese, Republic of Korean, or San Marino citizen, or if you are a British Overseas citizen, British Overseas Territories citizen or British National (Overseas);
- If you are an Indian citizen, you must have an education degree at or above RQF level 6 or work experience equivalent to one of the skilled occupations listed in Appendix Skilled Occupations;
- Within 31 days prior to your application, you held funds of £2,530 for a 28-day period;
- You do not have any children under 18 living with you or financially dependent upon you;
- Your previous stay in the UK was not under the Youth Mobility Scheme;
- Your visa application fee and Immigration Health Charge have been paid and your biometric information has been provided;
- The tuberculosis test has been taken, if required;
- You do not fall into the general refusal category.
You may have to meet different requirements depending on your situation. To ensure that any mistakes can be identified, and a solid strategy can be developed and implemented, you must seek professional advice and guidance as soon as possible.
How Many Applicants can be Accepted on to the Youth Mobility Scheme?
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Monaco, Taiwan, Hong Kong, the Republic of Korea, San Marino, Iceland and India have quotas on the number of places available each year on the Youth Mobility Scheme. Places will be allocated as follows in 2022:
- Australia – 30,000 places
- New Zealand – 13,000 places
- Canada – 6,000 places
- Japan – 1,500 places
- Iceland – 1,000 places
- India – 3,000 places
- Monaco – 1,000 places
- Taiwan – 1,000 places
- Hong Kong – 1,000 places
- Republic of Korea – 1,000 places
- San Marino – 1,000 places
Neither British Overseas, British Overseas Territories, nor British Nationals (Overseas) are restricted from applying for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa.
What Rules Apply to My Country?
National (Overseas) national.
The Youth Mobility Scheme only opens to nationals, citizens, and rightful passport holders of Hong Kong, Japan, Republic of Korea, or Taiwan who have been issued with an invitation and who have applied within the specified period.
As a citizen, national or rightful passport holder of San Marino, you will need to provide a letter from the Directorate of Political and Diplomatic Affairs of the Department of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of San Marino confirming that you are a suitable candidate for the Youth Mobility Scheme. A letter must be issued within 6 months of the date of application.
Icelandic nationals, citizens or rightful passport holders must provide a Criminal Certificate for Private Use issued no more than 6 months before the date of application.
If you are a national, citizen, or rightful holder of an Indian passport, you must:
- A Youth Mobility Scheme application invitation was sent to you;
- applied within the timeframe specified on the invitation;
- provided your unique application number for that invitation;
- Provide a local police certificate or police clearance certificate issued no more than six months before the date of your application; and
Either: (i) hold a qualification equal to or above RQF level 6 and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a role equivalent to an eligible occupation listed in Appendix Skilled Occupations; or (ii) have a qualification equal to or above RQF level 6 and provide specific evidence of that experience.
How Does the Invitation Process for the Youth Mobility Scheme Work?
You must apply for a ballot if you are a national, citizen or rightful passport holder of Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong (if you hold a SAR passport), the Republic of Korea or India.
To apply for entry clearance under the Youth Mobility Scheme, applicants must submit an expression of interest to the Home Office. From the pool of applicants, the Home Office then selects randomly who will be invited to apply for entry clearance.
Each year, ballots are open for 48 hours between January and July. If your Youth Mobility Scheme visa application is approved, you have 30 days to submit it.
To be considered successful in the ballot, nationals of the above-mentioned countries must (a) have received an invitation to apply; and (b) have submitted their applications within the time period specified in their invitation.
What is the Financial Requirement for the Youth Mobility Scheme?
Your application must be accompanied by funds of £2,530 that you have held for a 28-day period within the 31 days preceding it.
Children under the age of 18 must not live with you or be financially dependent on you.
What if I turn 31?
You will be able to enter the United Kingdom and remain there for a period of up to two years if your application for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa is approved.
During this period, you will be able to enter and leave the United Kingdom at any time. You may remain in the UK until the end of your visa validity if you turn 31 while you are there.
What Conditions Apply to the Youth Mobility Scheme?
The Youth Mobility Scheme allows you to work in the UK, except if you are a professional sportsperson or coach. As a self-employed person, however, you must not have any employees, own any equipment you use for the business for less than £5,000, and have no premises where you carry out your business (except for your home).
Additionally, you will be allowed to study. In any case, you will be subject to the conditions of the Academic Technology Approval Scheme unless you are an Australian, Canadian, Japanese, New Zealand, or Republic of Korea citizen. Some subjects in the UK require a certificate in order to be studied at the postgraduate level.
You will not be able to access public funds.
Can I Switch from the Youth Mobility Scheme to a Settlement Pathway?
You may be able to switch to another immigration category before the expiration of your Youth Mobility Scheme visa, for example the Skilled Worker route or the Start-up route. If you wish to settle in the UK, our immigration lawyers can advise on possible long-term immigration routes.
How can UK Immigration Solicitors help me with My Potential Individual Visa?
Our expert legal team are highly experienced in assisting with the below services (where the option has been made available by UKVI and is considered appropriate)
New Applications – We can help you assess the merits, challenges and solutions to any issues arising whilst making a new application for the Youth Mobility Scheme
Legal Representations – Where applicable, if you find yourself in an unusual or challenging situation and want the Home Office to take notice of your special circumstances to ensure that you are treated fairly and your rights are respected, our expert team can make both oral and written persuasive legal representations.
Challenge a Refusal – If your application has been refused, we can consider your refusal for free and advise on the best course of action.
Administrative Review – Home Office or Immigration Rules can be challenged if the decision-maker failed to follow them correctly.
Judicial Review – If your application was denied illegally, unreasonable or procedurally improperly, our immigration lawyers can apply for Judicial Review and represent you at the Judicial Review hearing.
Appeal an Unfair Decision – The decision to refuse your application may provide you with a right of appeal to the First Tier Tribunal. Our expert lawyers can advise you on and handle Appeals before the Immigration & Asylum Chamber (First Tier & Upper Tribunal)
Years specialising in immigration law
Visit Visa applications handled
Success rate for visit visa applications
Visit Visa application turnaround time
How can UK Immigration Solicitors help me?
We provide global assistance to clients all around the world remotely which means in most cases, you never need to visit us in person for us to provide you with expert legal assistance.
We are a multi award winning, nationwide, fully regulated law firm and are widely recognised as being the UK’s #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm.
We offer easy to understand, fixed fee services and comprehensive representation so you, the client knows exactly what to expect and have full peace of mind about how much our service costs without worrying about unexpected further fees.
We offer free initial assessments for all cases so if you have some questions, want to make sure you qualify or just want to understand the process and associated costs, get in touch with us now by phone or online enquiry and take the first proactive step in your immigration journey today.
Immigration is a constantly changing and complex area and government application fees are rising each year, so it is important you seek expert advice and assistance to ensure that you are fully clear on what to do, when and why.
We are the original and still the best! Proud to be the UK’s #1 Immigration Law Firm.
Youth Mobility Scheme Visa
At UK Immigration Solicitors, we are passionate about all thing’s immigration. As a multi award winning nationwide law firm, we are proud to offer a truly global service. We have assisted clients from more than 120 countries over the last 10 years. We are proud to innovate and lead the immigration law industry.
Back in 2012, after carefully listening to the frustrations of clients who could not find reliable immigration advice online, we pioneered the provision of legal representation for immigration cases online. This was a revolutionary transition and since our innovations, there have been a whole multitude of online immigration service providers.
UK Immigration Solicitors are immensely proud of our reputation and our ability to deliver a truly global, comprehensive service to our clients without the need for them to step foot outside of the comfort of their own home in most cases.
Our Tried & Tested Comprehensive Representation Process for Successful Outcomes
We provide everything for one fixed, transparent fee - no unpleasent surprises!
See how we compare against 2096 other nationwide UK Immigration Law Firms
Independent results by trust platform Review Selectors
Taken from reviewsolicitor.co.uk (11.04.2023)
Value for Money
- This Firm 91% 91%
- National Average 55% 55%
Would Recommend to Friend
- This Firm 94% 94%
- National Average 66% 66%
Satisfied with outcome
- This Firm 92% 92%
- National Average 69% 69%
Value For Money
Doesn’t Seem Like This Is The Right Visa Type For You?
UK Immigration Solicitors Can Assist With All UK Visa Types, Challenges, Extensions And Appeals So Whatever You’re Looking For, We Have You Covered!
It Covers options for the following
It Covers options for the following
It Covers options for the following
- Arts and Culture
- Film and Television
- Fashion Design
- Digital Technology
- Science, Engineering, Humanities and Medicine
EEA & Family
It Covers options for the following
- Family Permit
- Settled Status
- Pre-settled Status
- Derivative Rights of Residence
We have helped people from more than 100 countries get a UK visa without them leaving their homes!
We can help you get a visa from the comfort of your own home wherever you are in the world.
Speak to our friendly expert team now to see how we can help you live, work or study in the UK. Call now 0203 484 4389
What Clients Say About Us and Our Services
Great service all round. They were very helpful with my family's entry visa and gave solid advice towards securing my kids UK citizenship. Faheem Hasam always made himself available to respond to queries and offered advise whenever asked for.
I really appreciate the service and the response and the friendly team who deal with my case and specially Mr Talal talha . He is such a great person and professional. I highly recommend this great solicitor's.
Alanta has been very helpful since day one. The application process went smoothly. It was easy communicating with her and she answered all our questions. We can't thank her enough for the amazing job she did.
On Average, 98% Of Our Clients Would Recommend UK Immigration Solicitors To Their Friends & Family
*(Across All Review Platforms)*
How we work in 3 simple steps
UK Immigration Solicitors?
We are professional Solicitors here to help you with your immigration needs
What is the benefit of using UK Immigration Solicitors?
Immigration rules are complex and subject to regular changes and revisions. This itself presents problems as it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are aware of and have complied with any changes to the routes, processes and evidence requirements.
Failure to meet strict rules is likely to result in the application being refused which, in turn, is likely have an emotional and financial strain on you and your family.
It is our job to ensure we are fully aware of the latest immigration rules, policies and procedures. We don’t leave matters to chance. Once you become a client of ours, we explain our strategy and tell you exactly how we propose to get you the right result. We will pinpoint the positives and negatives of your circumstances and explain where issues may arise and what would need to be done to fix them. We provide step by step guidance and advice throughout the entire process professionally. Our vast experience allows us to foresee problems before they arise and pro-actively adopt a strategic action plan.
Our legal fees are always agreed and fixed with you right at the beginning of your case, so you have complete peace of mind and control over the costs to ensure there are no restrictions or unpleasant surprises.
There are many online agencies, advisors and marketing companies who claim to be immigration experts but, provide very little expertise.
Let us be very clear here, if you are paying for someone just to fill in the forms for you, you should think about how you can put that money to better use and avoid gambling with your future by using inexperienced and ineffective companies.
We are a fully regulated nationwide, multi award winning law firm that specialises in immigration. Having more than 60 years of combined expertise and having handled more than 8,000 cases we have unrivalled experience and expertise to ensure you get the right result first time around – Don’t take our word for it though, check out our reviews to see why our clients trust us with their futures. We are rated 5* across the board and 98% of our clients have confirmed that they would recommend us to others.
We have illustrated our typical scope of service below so you can understand what we do for you as paid of our service:
- Our immigration specialists carry out a free detailed assessment with you to understand your circumstances and needs.
- The collated information is then reviewed by a senior immigration solicitor who will have no less than 8 years’ immigration experience.
- Based on the information collected, the senior solicitor will then confirm what your options are and will also confirm if we are able to help you.
- We will offer you an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation for us to handle your entire case until initial conclusion without obligation.
- If we have officially taken your instructions, we will create a client file for you and collect detailed initial information.
- We will then ensure you receive a personalised one-to-one legal consultation with a senior immigration solicitor who will take your full instructions by exploring your circumstances in detail and advise you on the best way to meet your objectives. The solicitor will explain the relevant legislations and provide you with advice on the steps that we would need to take to get a successful result.
- The senior solicitor who carried out your legal consultation will then send you detailed written legal advice explaining everything that needs to be done and which documents will be required as part of the process. We will tell you about any problem areas and formulate a strategy to overcome/mitigate these.
- We will carefully review any documents that you have provided in support of the application. These documents are then validated and formatted to ensure that they meet the UKVI specified evidence requirements. Where they do not, we will explain what needs to be done to address the issues.
- Where required, we will prepare any necessary written legal arguments or representations that are required to support your application and gain an approval. Often, we may be required to make discretionary submissions.
- We will complete a draft application and share this with you to ensure that all parties are happy with the representations that will be submitted to the Home Office.
- We advise you on what application processing routes are available. In some cases, there are fast track or premium processing routes available. We may be required to book a Home Office appointment on your behalf. Will also be able to confirm typical processing times for any processing centre in the world. We explain all options, routes and fees comprehensively allowing you to make the best choice.
- We lodge the application on your behalf using our secure authenticated processes. Whilst your application is pending, we continue to ensure you receive maximum legal protection and ensure that your rights and allowances are upheld throughout the processing stage. We ensure that you are aware of and remain compliant with the immigration rules and regulations during this period. We will also keep you updated on the progress of your matter.
- If any follow up work is required in response to any queries raised by the UKVI, we will also deal with these as part of the comprehensive service.
- We secure a decision on your matter and further advise you on the relevant implications of that decision. If required, we will also confirm if any secondary applications are required and brief you on the necessary process and procedure for those also.
Why should you use Immigration Solicitors to help me?
Here are just some of the reasons to choose us:
- We are the UK’s #1 Immigration Specialist Law Firm
- We are a fully SRA regulated law firm so you are working directly with our in house legal team
- No agencies, middlemen or outsourcing
- We have achieved 99% success rate across all application types
- We have a 24 hour helpline that operates 7 days a week – 365 days a year
- We have multiple offices across the UK but 90% of our clients are not required to visit in person
- We have more than 60 years combined immigration expertise
- Our team have handled more than 8,000 cases
- We offer a free initial assessment which will explain your options and check your eligibility for your chosen route
- We operate a 100% Agreed Fixed Fee model with all fees fixed and agreed before work is started
- 98% of our clients would recommend us to family & friends
- Our average rating is 4.6/5 across major review platforms (based on over 2000 reviews).
What is Free Needs Assessment?
The assessor will establish why you are calling and what you are looking for assistance with. The assessor will ask you a series of questions to determine your circumstances in relation to your objectives.
The assessment is 100% private and confidential. As we are a private law firm, we work with our clients to overturn Government decisions daily. We do not share any information with any third party.
Although the assessor will be a trained immigration specialist, they are not solicitors and therefore will not give you detailed legal advice or guidance.
If you want to establish what your options are and the best way forward for you, your assessor will collate the necessary information and then speak with one of the resident senior solicitors at the firm to determine what your options are, if and how we could assist and confirm whether we would be prepared to take your case. If we can assist, you will be provided with an Agreed Fixed Fee quotation which is a single legal fee to cover the firms cost of representation agreed from the outset and binding for all parties.
The free assessment is no obligation and you are merely given clarity on your position and options to move forward.
If you have a complex matter or require legal advice regarding a specific issue, you will most likely require a legal consultation.
This is a separate service and is chargeable at the prevailing rates.
Please note, UK Immigration Solicitors are a private law firm and are not part of the Government. We do not accept legal aid instructions. Although we are happy to assist genuine callers, we are not a directory service and sadly are unable to provide you with Government telephone numbers.
What do you want to do next?
Did we manage to give you everything that you were looking for today?
On average, our website receives more than 50,000 visitors each month so we want to make sure we are doing all we can to give you the very best information!
Please help by completing this form, or learn more here: