Work Related Training Visit Visa

Dental / Medical / Nursing graduate who needs to complete further training / Overseas employee or trainer who needs to attend or host a training session.

"*" indicates required fields

How can we help you today?

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
How can we help you today?

What is Work Related Training Visit Visa?

Those who wish to undertake unpaid work-related training activities, including overseas graduates of medical, dental or nursing schools, or employees of overseas organisations and training companies, may apply for a Work-related Training Visit Visa for up to 12 months.

This is a subcategory of the Standard Visitor route. 

All visitors must apply separately, even if they are traveling in a group.

This visa type is short-term and can be granted for up to 12 months. It will not provide any other rights of residence or allow you to become settled in the UK.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Who is eligible for the Work Related Training Visa?

UK Visas & Immigration requires the following requirements in order to grant you a Work Related Training Visa:

Depending on your circumstances, you may need to satisfy different requirements. 

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

What nationalities need a Work Related Training Visa?

Visa nationals are individuals who, due to their nationality, need a Visit Visa in order to enter the UK as a visitor. Visitors who require a visit visa must apply before they travel to the UK.

A list of nationalities that require a Visit Visa prior to visiting the UK as a visitor has been published by the Home Office. Some visa nationals may be able to enter the UK as a Visitor upon arrival under this list. Our expert team will be able to check and confirm whether you require a visa for your visit to the UK.

Non-visa nationals can normally apply for entry as Visitors upon arrival in the UK. Nonetheless, visitors without visas must meet the requirements for entry as Visitors, so upon arrival they should be prepared to explain, for example, the purpose of their trip and how they intend to be accommodated and maintained in the UK, as well as their travel plans for returning home. 

Non-visa nationals, including those from the EU or EEA, can enter the UK as a Visitor and do not need to apply for a Visit Visa.

Unsure about whether you require a visa? Speak to our expert team now to confirm if you are required to apply for a visit visa before being granted entry into the UK.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

What am I allowed to do with a Work-Related Training Visa?

Overseas graduates of dental, medical, and nursing schools, overseas employees of overseas companies and overseas training company employees are eligible for the Work-related Training Visit Visa.

The visitor should be trained in work practices and techniques not available in his/her home country. Training should usually consist of classroom sessions or involve familiarisation or observation. Practical training can be allowed as long as the visitor is not performing a role or training on the job.

Visitors can learn how to use a piece of equipment in the UK, but the Home Office will carefully assess how long they intend to learn and will make sure that there is no possibility that they will work for the company in the UK.

Medics, dentists, or nurses who graduated from overseas schools may:

An overseas company or organisation may provide training to its employees in the UK to learn work practices and techniques required for employment overseas that are not readily available in the visitor’s home country.

Training may be delivered by a trainer employed by an overseas firm on behalf of a UK based company if the overseas business is contracted to deliver global training on behalf of the UK based company’s international corporate group.

As Work-related Training Visitors are subcategories of Standard Visitors, they are also permitted to undertake other activities that the Standard Visitor route permits.


How are my intentions assessed for the Work Related Training Visa?

As part of your application for a Work Related Training Visa, you will be required to satisfy the Home Office that you are genuinely seeking to enter the United Kingdom for a permitted purpose. In addition, you must assure the Home Office that you will leave the United Kingdom at the end of your visit and will not reside in the United Kingdom for prolonged periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your place of residence.

In assessing your application, the Home Office will consider the following factors:

Home Office officials may doubt your authenticity as a visitor if you do not have many close ties to your country of residence and have several close relatives living in the United Kingdom, if you have previously attempted to deceive the Home Office in an immigration application, and if there are discrepancies in your statement and your sponsor’s statement.

Often, we see that as a result of applicants making applications themselves, UKVI have highlighted discrepancies and treated them as a deliberate attempt to deceive the Home Office. We regularly hear horror stories from clients who innocently made applications without legal guidance as they were intending to save the legal fees but have not understood the immigration rules properly and are now battling to prove that the information they gave was in good faith albeit contained administrative errors.

If you are unclear about whether your intentions meet the requirements or are concerned about the impact of how a previous application may affect your proposed visit, get help from our experts now to get clear, bespoke guidance.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Is it possible to work on a Work Related Training Visa?

A Work Related Training Visitor is not permitted to work in the UK or, with few exceptions, to receive any payment for activities undertaken in the UK.

Thus, Work Related Training Visitors are not allowed to take up employment, establish or run a business as a sole trader, work for an organisation or business in the UK, undertake a work placement or internship in the UK, or otherwise provide or sell goods or services in the UK.

During their visit to the UK, Work Related Training Visitors are permitted to perform activities related to their employment overseas, such as responding to emails or answering phone calls.  However, the main purpose of your visit to the UK should be to engage in a permitted activity, rather than to remotely work from the UK.

Visitors who are seeking employment or attending job interviews can also come to the UK as Work Related Training Visitor If you are successful in obtaining employment, you will have to leave the UK and get entry clearance before starting work.

If you are looking for long term work in the UK, there are a number of alternative visit types which will allow you to do so.

Our team are experts in this area and will be happy to assess your needs and identify the best route for you.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Am I required to meet any financial requirements?

There are no specific requirements as to your financial situation under this visa type, but you will be expected to have enough funds to cover all reasonable costs associated with your visit (e.g., travel, maintenance, and accommodation), without the need to work or access public funds.

A permitted financial institution must hold your funds.

A third party may cover your travel, maintenance, and accommodation costs if the third party has a genuine professional or personal relationship with you, if they do not break immigration laws, and if they are able to support you throughout your visit.

Our expert team can check your plans and guide you through the requirements to ensure that your circumstances can satisfy UK Visa Rules.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

How long do Work Related Training Visas last?

You can apply for a Visit Visa that is valid for either a 6 month, 2 year, 5 year, or 10 year period if you wish to visit the UK on a Work Related Training Visa.  

While the validity period of your Visit Visa is valid, you can enter and leave the UK more than once, unless your Visit Visa has been endorsed for single or dual entry, you can visit the UK no more than once every six months.

Is it possible to work on a Work Related Training Visa?

There is no English proficiency requirement for applicants for Work Related Training Visa.

However, having a limited command of English can cause many problems whilst preparing and making an application and applying the correct rules and considerations.

Our team are bilingual and can provide you with advice and guidance in languages other than English upon request.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

What Are The Fees?

As with most things in life, think accountant, doctor, electrician, it is possible to do it yourself if your suitably qualified and competent. You can complete your own visa application if you feel you have the required understanding of the Home Office rules, requirements and specified evidence thresholds. However, it is not ordinarily recommended if you are not totally comfortable with understanding and satisfying UKVI immigration rules.

It is worth noting that this type of visa is the most refused visa type out of all categories.

Almost every visa has an associated processing government application fee.

It is important to note that this is an administrative fee that you will be charged for the application to be processed irrespective of the outcome.

In the event that you have made an inadequate application or are refused, the processing fee would have already been utilised and therefore, it will not be refunded.

Aside from the application fees, a refusal is likely to have far reaching implications both practical and financial.

If you do not have a strong history of previous compliant visits to the UK, it is unlikely you will be granted a visa for longer than 6 months initially

The Home Office application fee for a Work-Related Training Visa is currently £100 for stays up to six months.

Work Related Training Visa that are valid for 2 years, 5 years, or 10 years will cost you £376, £670, or £837, respectively, at the Home Office.

Please note, the above fees are administrative only and do not cover our professional fees for legal representation.

We provide a full representation service for one transparent, affordable fee to handle your entire case.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Our Services

Spouse Visa, Fiancé Visa, Civil Partner Visa
Child Dependent Visa, Adult Dependent Relative Visa
ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain), Visa Extensions, ILR through Domestic Violence
Retaining Rights of Residents, EU Settlement Status
Appeal a Decision , Challenge a Refusal, Judicial Review, Administration Review
Denied Entry , Deportation, Legal Representation, Detention & Bail
UK Business Expansion, UK Start-up Visa
UK Investor Visa, UK Self Sponsorship Visa,UK Sole Representative Visa
UK Visit Visas, Business Visit Visa
Visit Visa For marriage & Civil Partnership, Medical Treatment Visitor Visa
Skilled Worker Visas, Graduate Visa
Domestic Worker in Private Household Visa
Student Visa, Child Student Visa