Certificate of Sponsorship

If you require any information or help related to Certificate of Sponsorship UK you can get help from our immigration solicitors.

Our professionals are available 24/7 you can get immediate help by calling us at 0203 384 4389.

"*" indicates required fields

How can we help you today?

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
How can we help you today?

Overview of Certificate of Sponsorship UK

When applying for a skilled worker or temporary worker visa, migrant workers must provide a Certificate of Sponsorship UK (CoS). To apply for CoS UK, every worker you bring across, you must be a UK employer with a valid Sponsorship Licence.

Once a job offer has been issued, you must apply for the CoS, which contains comprehensive information about the duties your potential employee will perform. Moreover, on the application, you have to provide details about their expected wage and job role. Your sponsor licence may be terminated if there is a difference between the CoS and their real job position.

Two types of Certificates of Sponsorship UK are issued by the government: Restricted as well as Unrestricted. The Restricted CoS has a yearly maximum of 20,700, therefore applications must be completed correctly the first time to ensure you can hire your migrant worker. Call us at 0203 384 4389

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Certificate Of Sponsorship UK Allocations

Allocations of Certificates of Sponsorship (COS): These are the number of COS that a sponsoring licence holder may assign to overseas employees. Moreover, depending on the kind of sponsorship licence and the requirements of the employer, these distributions are subject to particular guidelines and restrictions.

Sponsorship for Skilled Workers

Employers are allotted a set number of COS under the category of Skilled Worker Sponsorship based on their particular situation, such as size and history of hiring foreign workers. Additionally, these COS are used to sponsor foreign nationals with the necessary skills who are coming to the UK to work in specific roles.

Sponsorship for Intra-Company Transfer (ICT)

Employees moving to the UK from an overseas branch or subsidiary of the same company are sponsored by employers holding an ICT Sponsorship Licence and are assigned a COS. Depending on the kind of ICT route (e.g., long-term or short-term), different COS may be assigned.

Temporary Worker Sponsorship

COS allocations for firms looking to sponsor temporary workers in the hotel, agricultural, or creative arts sectors vary depending on the particular plan under the Temporary Worker category.

Additional Sponsorship Areas

Certain companies might possess Sponsorship Licences for other particular categories, such as Religious Workers, International Agreement Workers, or Ministers of Religion. Moreover, these categories’ COS allotments will differ from one another.

Compliance and documentation

Employers are required to make sure that their COS allotment is used sensibly and in accordance with immigration laws. Maintaining the Sponsorship Licence and gaining access to COS allocations requires maintaining accurate records and fulfilling sponsorship duties. Call at 0203 384 4389

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Who needs a Certificate of Sponsorship?

For most Tier 5 candidates as well as all Tier 2 Visa applicants, the CoS is required.

The Youth Mobility route is not included in this, since the sponsor for this kind of visa is the applicant’s home country.

You will also not be required to sponsor anyone in the UK on a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa to work for your organisation. Call your dedicated solicitors at 0203 384 4389

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

What is the Cost of a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?

Depending on the type of sponsorship you are requesting, there will be a fee associated with it. At the moment, the cost of a Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship is £199, while the Tier 5 CoS is £21.

If you hire someone through the Tier 2 General or Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer processes, you can additionally be required to pay the “immigration skills charge.” To know more call 0203 384 4389

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Assigning a Certificate of Sponsorship UK

Generally, issuing a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) includes the following actions:

Verify Eligibility

Make sure the foreign worker and your company meet the requirements for the particular visa category. Moreover, this involves confirming that the employee’s position corresponds with the job description given in the COS.

Make a COS

Using the UK Home Office’s online Sponsorship Management System (SMS), create a Certificate of Sponsorship for the foreign worker. Relevant data must be included, including the worker’s personal information, employment specifics, as well as the sponsorship’s length.

Assign Worker's COS

Assign the completed COS to the designated worker. Moreover, this entails giving them a special COS reference number that they will require in order to apply for a visa.

Notify the Employee

Ensure that the employee is aware that they have been issued a COS and give them all the necessary details (including the COS reference number) required to apply for a visa.

Keep Records

Verify that the COS assignment and any related paperwork are maintained accurately. Additionally, when the Home Office audits you, you may have to provide proof that you are fulfilling your sponsorship obligations.

Monitoring and Documentation

Continue keeping track of the worker’s compliance with visa conditions and notify the Home Office of any substantial changes or difficulties as needed.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

How to Submit a Sponsorship Licence Application?

The general procedures to apply for a Sponsorship Licence in the UK are as follows:

Verify Eligibility

Make sure your company satisfies the requirements for qualifying. Usually, this involves running a reputable company or organisation in the UK.

Select the Sort of Sponsorship Licence

Depending on the type of person you intend to sponsor, identify what kind of licence you require. Skilled workers, intra-company transfer, temporary workers, and others are common categories.

Select Key Personnel

Determine who in your company will be the Key Personnel in charge of overseeing the sponsorship procedure. Authorising Officers, Key Contacts, and Level 1 User(s) are usually included in this. Moreover, they have to be qualified and fulfil certain conditions.

Join the Sponsorship Management System (SMS)

Make an account on the UK Home Office’s Sponsorship Management System (SMS) It is an online platform for handling sponsorship. Fill out the registration form, making sure to include information about your company and the key personnel.

Fill out the application

Complete the Sponsor Licence online application on the SMS. Give specifics about your organisation, its operations, and the kinds of employees you plan to support.

Submit the Application Fee

Depending on the size and nature of your organisation, pay the required application cost. Usually, payments are made online via SMS.

Send in any supporting documentation

Upload any required supporting documents, including business bank statements, financial statements, and any other materials the Home Office requests.

Wait for the Decision

After reviewing your application, the Home Office may visit your company to evaluate compliance before approving workers for sponsorship. Moreover, this visit could take place virtually or in person.

Get the sponsorship licence

The Home Office will issue you a Sponsorship Licence if your application is accepted. Moreover, the type and quantity of Certificates of Sponsorship (COS) that you are permitted to award will be detailed in this licence.

Control and Adhere

Manage your sponsorship responsibilities using the SMS, which includes keeping records, reporting changes, and allocating COS to employees. Make sure all immigration laws are followed. Call us at 0203 384 4389

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

In what ways can UK Immigration Solicitors assist?

You can apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship with the assistance of our highly skilled immigration solicitors. In addition to consulting services to ensure your sponsor duties are fulfilled, we provide assistance with the application process for a sponsor licence. Call us at 0203 384 4389 or send us an online inquiry to learn more about our services or to get guidance on your situation. Our offices are spread over numerous places, including Manchester, Birmingham, and London. We are excited to speak with you.

Our experienced UK immigration Solicitors can help you with your immigration process.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Most of the time, a child needs a visa in order to live in the UK. For instance, if their parent is a foreign national working or studying in the country, the child may need a Child Dependant Visa.

Several factors that may affect the time it takes to receive a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) are the particular visa category, the employer’s readiness, and the processing periods of the Home Office. But applicants may expect to hear back within a single business day.

If you want to cancel your sponsor license, ask your sponsor to do it for you by sending a letter or email. Moreover, they need to cancel the license within 5 working days.

For businesses and employers holding a sponsorship licence, the UK Home Office offers an online platform called the Sponsorship Management System (SMS). It is employed to manage many facets of the sponsorship procedure for foreign workers arriving in the United Kingdom.

Employers who want to sponsor international workers can create and administer COS for those workers using the SMS. Moreover, this involves creating fresh COS, allocating them to employees, and keeping track of each COS that is issued.

We offer a variety of corporate immigration options for a UK company that wants to hire foreign labour. To assist you in obtaining your Sponsorship Certificate for UK visa, we will:

  • Determine which kind of CoS is appropriate by evaluating the role and the applicant you plan to hire;
  • Verify all of your employee’s information to make sure they are complying with immigration laws;
  • Moreover, verify that the position they will be filling has either passed the UK Labour Market Test or is on the UK Occupation Shortage List;
  • Encourage your company to make use of the online management system;
  • Also, verify that you are performing your sponsorship duties accurately.

Please call 0203 384 4389 or send an online inquiry to talk with an immigration solicitor for more information about Employer Sponsorship Certificate Process.

Quick Contact Form NHP (1)

Inline form for homepage

"*" indicates required fields

How can we help you today?

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Our Services

Partner Visas
Family Visas
Settlement Visas in UK
Settlement for EEA Nationals
Refusals & Appeals
Detention & Deportation
UK Sponsor License
UK Business Visas
Investment in the UK
UK Visit Visas
Other Visit Visas
Skilled Worker Visas
Other Work Visa
Student Visa