Apply to stay in the UK as a stateless person

[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.14″ custom_padding=”0px|||”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.14″ custom_padding=”0px|||”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.14″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_image src=”” _builder_version=”3.14″][/et_pb_image][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.14″]

You can apply to stay in the UK as a stateless person if both of the following apply:

  • you’re not recognised as a citizen of any country
  • you’re unable to live permanently in any other country

You must currently be in the UK to apply.

If you can’t return to another country because you fear persecution there, you should claim asylum first.

If you’ve already claimed asylum or have an outstanding human rights claim, you must wait until you have a decision. You can apply to stay as a stateless person if it’s refused.

How long you can stay

You can normally stay in the UK for 2 years and 6 months if you’re given permission to stay (known as ‘leave to remain’). You can apply for further leave when your leave expires.

Family members

You must include your partner and children under 18 (your ‘dependants’) in your application if they’re already in the UK with you.

If they’re outside the UK, they can apply for permission to come to the UK (‘entry clearance’) once your application has been approved.

Documents you must provide

You must provide these documents, if you have them, for you and your dependants:

  • current passports and other travel documents, such as visas
  • official letters confirming your immigration status (with the reference number ASL.2150, ASL.2151 or ASL.2152)
  • birth certificates
  • marriage certificates

You’ll also need to provide as many documents as you can to prove that you are stateless. You should also provide documents for your dependants if they’re stateless.

These can include:

  • identity, immigration and travel documents
  • documents that prove where you lived before coming to the UK, for example school certificates, medical records or sworn statements from neighbours
  • documents from your applications for citizenship or requests for proof of nationality in other countries

Claiming support

You may be able to get housing and money to support you and your family while you’re waiting to find out if you’ll be given leave to remain.

Appeal if your application is refused

You can ask for an administrative review if you’re not given leave to remain.

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ module_class=”call-btn” _builder_version=”3.5.1″ background_color=”#f7f7f7″ global_module=”7493″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.47″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_cta title=”Call Us Now To Discuss Your Needs on ” button_url=”tel:+44-203-384-4389″ button_text=”Call Us Now” _builder_version=”3.11.1″ body_font_size=”42px” body_font_size_phone=”30px” body_font_size_last_edited=”on|phone” background_color=”#2175BE” border_radii=”on|15px|15px|15px|15px” custom_button=”on” button_text_color=”#2175be” button_border_color=”#2175be” button_icon=”%%264%%” button_icon_placement=”left” button_on_hover=”off” button_text_color_hover=”#ff9934″ custom_margin=”15px|||” custom_padding=”55px|54px|55px|54px” custom_padding_last_edited=”on|desktop” custom_css_promo_button=”width:100%”]



Quick Contact Form NHP (1)

Inline form for homepage

"*" indicates required fields

How can we help you today?

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.